 Off-Topic / Debate / 21516
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:49:00 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   I believe that the perceived threat was never from the Iraqi military itself, but from the proliferation of WMD from SH’s regime to terrorist elements such as Al Qaeda.

Uh-huh. You have a link for that, John? I thought not...There is no proof to support any such allegations. That lack of proof is the very issue under discussion.

So you deny that SH supported terrorists? How about the little stipend he offered families to have them sacrifice their children as human incendiary devices?

There is no need or will to deny it; I at least won’t bother.

However, you’ll find the gap between funding a sustained terrorist action and supplying WMD to those terrorists to be very, very wide. If you can link WMD and supporting terrorists in the same logical sentence, please do so; to make things harder, try to make sure that sentence is only applicable to Iraq...

In the end, people around the world are pissed because of lame justifications (read: WMD). And face it, it was a very poor PR job from the start, had Bush (read: administration) followed the “Saddam pays terrorists” approach early on and it would have been more difficult for everyone to question his reasons. More: that at least could have been proven.

I remain worried with what is to follow in Iraq; dictator out, but what exactly is in???

Pedro