 Off-Topic / Debate / 21507
21506  |  21508
Subject:
How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:28:18 GMT

White House ‘lied about Saddam threat’

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4709366,00.html

A former US intelligence official who served under the Bush administration in the build-up to the Iraq war accused the White House yesterday of lying about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein.

The claims came as the Bush administration was fighting to shore up its credibility among a series of anonymous government leaks over its distortion of US intelligence to manufacture a case against Saddam.

This was the first time an administration official has put his name to specific claims. The whistleblower, Gregory Thielmann, served as a director in the state department’s bureau of intelligence until his retirement in September, and had access to the classified reports which formed the basis for the US case against Saddam, spelled out by President Bush and his aides.

Mr Thielmannn said yesterday: “I believe the Bush administration did not provide an accurate picture to the American people of the military threat posed by Iraq.”

My other question is this: why is this such big news everywhere else, but not in the U.S.? Blair is in a world of **** back in his country, why is Shrub so comfortable here?

Seriously, when are we going to wake up and smell the corruption?

-- Hop-Frog