 Off-Topic / Debate / 21513
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   White House ‘lied about Saddam threat’

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4709366,00.html

My other question is this: why is this such big news everywhere else, but not in the U.S.? Blair is in a world of **** back in his country, why is Shrub so comfortable here?

Seriously, when are we going to wake up and smell the corruption?

Tell you what froggy, if you want GWB thrown out, why not take a page from the California playbook. Obviously you feel very strongly that Bush has not been a good president, and your feelings run very deep. Why not start a campaign to recall the man, or if there is an existing campaign, offer to help in some way.

Here in California we have a man who is possibly the worst governor in US history, definitely the worst governor in California in a decade. The gumby looking Joe “Gray” Davis has a 20% approval rating. Several concerned citizens have united in a recall effort, and just this week they announced that they had gathered the 1.2 million signatures required to get the recall measure on the ballot. I personally have not seen California voters as excited about anything in a long time; the rumor that Arnold Schwarzenegger might run for the job hasn’t hurt.

So in between your surfing of anti-Republican websites, and foreign news organizations fairly biased against the US, you might help organize a national recall campaign. Then you could truly see how many like minded Americans there are. I imagine you may be disappointed to find that many support the current administration. You could also wait until next November when GWB is up for reelection, but seeing the amount of campaign dollars he has collected in spite of a silly campaign finance reform law, and seeing how little money the Democrat hopefuls have collected, I dare to say you may be disappointed then too.

As to your article, I must have missed the shift of responsibility, when did it become the coalitions responsibility to prove Hussein had WMD’s? We know he had them, he admitted to having them, then failed to adequately prove what had happened to them. Neither the US or UN ever doubted that he once had WMDs, the only question was what happened to them. Hussein never properly accounted for them, and US intelligence picked up suspicious behavior during Hussein’s cat and mouse games with the UN, basically forcing the resulting military action. So maybe US intelligence wasn’t 100% accurate, that does not change Hussein’s non-compliance with the cease fire he signed after the first gulf war, or all those UN resolutions.

But what do I know, I want the Terminator to be my next governor,

Scott C.