 Off-Topic / Debate / 21538
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

I'm curious.  Elsewhere in this thread the recall of Gray Davis was
mentioned. I happen to think that a bad idea because I think that that could
open the door for someone {really} horrible to slither in (read: Feinstein).

If Bush were run out of office tomorrow, who {would} you favor to replace
him? It's one thing to scream about the status quo; what or who would you
suggest as an alternative?

  If only we could figure out who won the popular vote in 2000.

  Seriously though--if Bush were to leave due to impeachment or wrongdoing, then
naturally Cheney would have to assume the post.  Unless of course Cheney is
likewise guilty of wrongdoing, in which case normal rules of Presidential
succession would apply (barring any wrongdoing by those potential successors...)

     Dave!