 Off-Topic / Debate / 21562
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

   It is time that all of the world’s tinpot leaders get the message that supporting terrorism and terrorists will lead to their ruin.

That’s your reply?

My reply to what? You snipped the context thankyouverymuch. Bad form.

   It is absolutely a waste of time to discuss anything with you -- a person that does nothing but reiterate the nonsensical and empty platitudes of his favorite party.

Then pray tell why did you even reply to this post?

   If you could but once come here with a cite from anyone with some degree of credibility, I might reconsider this opinion.

What a silly thing to say! As if providing “cites” bestows merit on a particular post.

   As it stands, I think of you as the singular laughingstock of the newsgroup -- you never come here with anything but these pointless statements. You don’t provide links to any reputable source. You come here with nothing.

Sorry, Richard, if I don’t use this forum to restate other people’s ideas or work instead of my presenting my own. Further, I happen to see this forum as a place to debate and attack ideas, not individuals, as you apparently do. It’s so funny how often discussions with you end with your assertion as to how dumb I am and how presumably intellectual you are. What a burden it must be to have to deal with such simpletons!

Having said all that-- what’s it to you anyway?

   If you don’t like the links and statements I occasionally provide here, don’t read and don’t respond to them. A lot of what I post here is just tidbits of news as it is presented from a variety of sources -- usually just a small portion and a link to the complete story or op ed piece. And yes, sometimes I provide my own succinct opinion. You merely react, never or rarely providing an original action to which others might respond. If I didn’t post, you’d have no one to bash -- and that’s just pathetic.

Have you forgotten about “Kooties”???

To be honest, I usually don’t respond to your posts-- I don’t have the time nor the inclination to engage you that often. If you will recall, this thread started by my asking you a pretty straightforward question-- I wasn’t really looking for an argument at all.

But you are right; I don’t spend a lot of time here posting links to various stories. I work for a living, and every second I spend here takes away from getting that work done. Saylavee.

   If you must know, I find most of your replies extremely tedious -- which I cannot say about any other poster in this newsgroup.

Well, I don’t recall asking, but thanks for sharing anyway.

   Everyone else brings something to the forum -- even as little a thing as curiosity, or just questions. Heck, a well formed, insightful question is the very heart of rhetoric. With you, there is a pat biblical or republican answer for everything. No thanks!

Did I say that? What exactly does that assertion even mean?

   From now on I will reply to your utter triteness by referencing this post once it appears in the newsgroup. When you post a ZERO CONTENT statement in the future, I will just point everyone here if I feel the urge to reply at all.

lol You are arrogant! As if anyone even cares! Get over yourself already!

   I will now attempt to reply to your tiny statement above, even though it is small both in meaning and spirit...

Only if it isn’t too tedious now...

   Go after the countries and organizations supporting terrorism? Puh-leaze! That is not on the agenda, Sweetheart! If it were Saudi Arabia would be very high on the list of targets for investigation and it is not.

Really? How do you know that it isn’t? What is “the agenda”? The fact is that you don’t really know what you are talking about.

   Instead, we have a lot of other micky mouse stuff going down. Catch a freaking clue, seriously!

Ah, well thank you for that astute analysis, presumably large both in meaning and spirit!

   Hopefully, the jig is up. I think Shrub’s poll numbers are dropping for all of the obvious reasons. I enjoy these swings to the “ultra-right” only inasmuch as they sometimes lead to nice liberal backlashes. And I mean liberal as in free of the BS that has gone before it.

Or so I hope.

We shall see. And if it is not, you can always resort to ranting that the US is full of idiots.

JOHN