 Off-Topic / Debate / 21542
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:07:41 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: If only we could figure out who won the popular vote in 2000.

Seriously though--if Bush were to leave due to impeachment or wrongdoing, then naturally Cheney would have to assume the post. Unless of course Cheney is likewise guilty of wrongdoing, in which case normal rules of Presidential succession would apply (barring any wrongdoing by those potential successors...)

Correct, but I’m pretty sure that you would have to go pretty far down the pike in order to get to a Democrat, which is really what this whole thing is all about (partisan politics).

Not really. I’d only object to Cheney inasmuch as he is probably just as responsible as Dubya is.

I don’t regard duping the American people into spending billions of dollars and the lives of American service men and women as merely “politics”. If it was Al Gore, I’d feel the same: it was a stupid war based on trumped-up charges. I don’t think Gore would have dragged us into this nonsense, but there you are!

Davis getting recalled is only in part partisan politics. It’s an artifact of the California Republican party’s mania for punishment via recall (I note no Californian contradicting me on this despite mentioning it several times...?) and is based in party politics, but let’s face it, Davis just plain stinks. Now, part of Davis’ problem is that Dubya has left the economy in shambles and has affected the investments made by California (but hey, the should have figured out Dubya is a duffer), but if one deserves to get tossed out for poor economic management alone, then certainly the other does, and Dubya adds either deceit or complete incompetence on the international front.

-->Bruce<--