 Off-Topic / Debate / 21548
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Correct, but I’m pretty sure that you would have to go pretty far down the pike in order to get to a Democrat, which is really what this whole thing is all about (partisan politics).

I love how you minimize AMERICANS DYING on foreign soil and WAR in general as mere partisan politics!

Gad, you are obtuse. I love how you minimize 1,000s OF AMERICANS who died on OUR soil! There is a very real threat out there, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. We may never know the results of the pre-emptive deposing of SH, but I’d rather be a little safe than sorry. And if we can help a country free themselves of the bonds of an evil dictator, then that’s icing on the cake. Please feel free to respond with rants about oil-grabbing as I know you will...

Honestly, you don’t know the first thing about terrorism. The fact is that Islamic terrorists will continue to strike until their goals are met or they die trying. And if their attacks don’t get the attention they desire, they will ratchet up the stakes. Where do you go from the attacks on the WTC? You go nuclear or chemical or biological! If left to themselves, an attack such as this is inevitable!

If you or anyone else on the left has any better ideas about how to address this threat, I’d love to hear it. Because just sitting here on our own soil and waiting for the next attack won’t cut it. In all seriousness: do you really think that the attack on 9-11 was an isolated event? Hell, it was the second attempt on the same target! We are at war, whether it feels like it or not. There are 1,000s of people in the world right now plotting terrorist attacks on the US at this very moment. If that sounds paranoid to you, then you are in denial. Just ask anyone in Manhattan....

   For the upteenth time, and speaking only for myself, I am not a democrat.

Do you even vote? Walk like a duck, quack like a duck...

You know, you are pretty transparent, Richard. You claim no affiliations, but yet you criticize all. You rant from your ivory tower, but in fact you have no plausible solutions to offer. The real world is just too messy a place for people like you, but that’s the way the world is. So judge all you want from your lofty perch while real people make real decisions (right and wrong) in the real world.

JOHN