 Off-Topic / Debate / 21564
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:53:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   What a burden it must be to have to deal with such simpletons!

It is -- thanks for recognizing that. Too bad some of the rest of you are so mentally challenged.

   If you will recall, this thread started by my asking you a pretty straightforward question-- I wasn’t really looking for an argument at all.

Where is the QUESTION? A declarative statement is not a question.

You stated: “I believe that the perceived threat was never from the Iraqi military itself, but from the proliferation of WMD from SH’s regime to terrorist elements such as Al Qaeda.” http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=21508

Such a perceived threat has in no way EVER been proved a valid fear. They keep looking for justifications and coming up empty handed. Please provide evidence that I am wrong if you intend to refute this claim. There is ample evidence to support my side of it all over the media right now and I have certainly provided ample cites for such previously.

This canard of yours is pretty laugable. How many times does it need to be put down? For the third time, here is the definitive White House source:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030131-23.html

Q: One question for you both. Do you believe that there is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT Bush: I can’t make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER Blair: That answers your question.

see also: http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=19634

John, can you say “asked and answered”? Your previous pathetic reply included this bit: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/28/1048653833092.html I guess that turned out not to be true. Follow up, Mr Neal?

Why do you persist in making claims that are unsupported, and that you know to be false?

See? In my book that makes you laughably ignorant. You keep making the same baseless claims as if by mere repetition you will achieve a different result. Your behavior borders on the very definition of insanity.

   We shall see. And if it is not, you can always resort to ranting that the US is full of idiots.

That part doesn’t change -- it’s sad, but true. Most americans are complete idiots when it comes to anything outside their immediate range of possible expertise. Where I live now I think the local IQ must be several steps below that of the Bay Area proper. I don’t see this comment so much as elitist as it is a sad but truthful observation. Am I supposed to be pretend people are not abysmally ignorant of simple facts when I can plainly surmise that they are, in fact, thusly challenged? That would be intellectually dishonest of me.

The fact that the pendulum swings so far both right and left at different times is proof of lack of political fortitude on the part of the american people. Expediency seems to be more of a driving force than what is right or desirable -- not just right now, but for always. This political mealiness is precisely how things like McCarthyism or the Patriot Act are made possible.

Do I seem indignant? I am. I true patriot has every right to be indignant in the face of such sham patriotism as exhibited by people like yourself or your boyfriend, Shrub.

Get thee behind me, John Neal.

-- Hop-Frog