 Off-Topic / Debate / 21525
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:08:31 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   If failing to account for WoMD is a good reason to invade, well, didn’t someone find some stuff on your home soil a few months back that was missing since ‘69?

Wait a minute. People can see that the US was missing some stuff for over 40 years and only recently found it but are complaining that we haven’t found anything burried in the Iraqi desert after only a few months!? Color me confused.

-Mike Petrucelli

It was an example. I’m sure that if and when every single rock is turned over in Iraq that there will probably be some canisters of something that’s been missing since around ‘91.

That said, since this stuff is missing, it couldn’t have been used, as Dubya lead us to believe, imminently in an attack against the US, just like the stuff found a few months back couldn’t have been used to attack anyone between the years 1969 to 2003.

You assume that because the U.S. doesn’t know where stuff in Iraq is that the Iraqi leadership did not know where the stuff is. Simply not finding anything is not proof that there is/was nothing to find, it only means we haven’t found it. We know he has/had WOMD (we gave most of them to him, idiot politicains from before, but that is a whole seperate issue.) What we do not know is what happened to them. Seriously, if he actually destroyed them all, why would he not have broadcast this and spun it as though they were a good little country obeying the U.N. and the Big Bad U.S. just wants a fight regardless. Of course simply not finding anything that could be buried anywhere (or maybe even transported to Syria with half the top Iraqi officals) has seemed to have accomplished the same public opinion with WOMD still at large. Does it surprise me that the Bush team fabricated half the story, no. Every politican throughout history has done the same thing to garner public support. Today in the world of mass media they can’t really get away with stuff like that anymore. But why does idiot politicians doing what politicians do, make people think there was not even the slightest threat at all? Of course I said it before the conflict I will say it again, I think Bush did the right thing (liberating the Iraqi people) for the wrong reasons. (which is why there is no immediately apparent plan for rebuilding Iraq as a democracy.) Plenty of other dictators (killing far more civilians than any military action against the dictators would) but we won’t eliminate them because they don’t have oil.

-Mike Petrucelli