 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 1870 (-100)
  Re: Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?

Hey, thats my old reviewer name. I will write you email. Carsten "Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gt0FB7.C68@lugnet.com... (...) The (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?

I've got a part in the tracker that has a certify vote and a hold vote. The hold vote says that the part has 2 overlapping triangles. I need to get in touch with the reviewer to find out what triangles overlap - I've run the part through LDView and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Track Designer Parts Library?

(...) Trains is as good a place as any, and there was a thread in lugnet.cad as well... but the subgroup probably isn't ideal. TD files and LD files have no relationship whatever so you would not get updates to your TD registry by installing new LD (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Track Designer Parts Library?

OK, so I have exhumed my copy of Track Designer, and find that I don't seem to have the latest parts library. Do I download the latest Ldraw library and expand it into my TD directory? Does anyone have a current (i.e. monorail & baseplates) library (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Steve Bliss wrote: [snip] (...) Hi, Steve! I wonder if the lack of reviewers has anything to do with not knowing what to do or how to do it. This is exactly my case. I would be willing to help out with the parts reviewing process and help get parts (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Actually, checking the BCF-ness of a file is very easy -- open the file in L3Lab, zoom in as necessary, and click the Test | mytest6 menu option. The 'mytest6' option colors all polygons according to their wrapping: Green - front side of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Correct polygon wrapping and CW or CCW orientation are highly desirable. I am just sorry I am not one of the "expert" reviewers that ldraw.org needs. Having more reviewers involved in LDraw tools would be much better. Damien (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Since there was never any response from reviewers who affirmed that they would help review these files if I submitted them, I'll hold off on this project for now. Which is too bad -- one of the key parts of BFC compliance is to wrap polygons (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) This was an issue during the BFC Thread Wars. We figured there were basically two ways to resolve the issue: 1. Make two versions of each primitive, an "outer facing" and an "inner facing". Each BFC'ed part file would need to use the correct (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) I have a question. Given that the cylinder primitives (among others) are used in situations where they are either the inner surface or the outer, won't adding BFC information to them cause problems? --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) You have to calculate a vertex normal in order to do lighting. However, it doesn't have to be the correct normal if your rendering engine supports 2-sided lighting (like OpenGL does). In this case, calculating a normal that points backwards (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Also, I believe, that no matter whether you use Back Face Culling or not, Having the vertices wound correctly in the DAT files is still a good thing. In the absence of a standard winding, then Documenting in each part the way the polygons are wound (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for February 2002 (belated)

(...) Both winners are very interesting! Congratulations to both. I hope you still receive as many contestants in the future LDraw MOTM and SOTM contests. Fredrik (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for February 2002 (belated)

Hello, Sorry about the delay, but I've been sick for the last week. :-( So I apologize to everyone, especially the winners, which are; MOTM: Jeremy Sproat for "Icosahedron", his fascinating exercise in hinged complexity. SOTM: Rick Hallman for (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org MOTM voting MISTAKE - read this if you've voted.

Whoops, I made a mistake. Somehow, I managed to put Anders Isaksson's scene entry into the model category. Then, because I was sick, I didn't check email which would have allowed me to catch the mistake earlier. (why do things like this happen at (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  On Hiatus

Hi everyone - I just thought I'd post to say that I am leaving LUGNET for a while. I never understood why people leave this place to take breathers until this week, but believe me when I say I need a BIG one. The problems, the garbage here is just (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.trains.org.niltc) !!

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) rights to access the faq directory. :\ (...) Could you, would you, post the text from this item, or maybe even email me the FAQ document? I'd appreciate it. Steve (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Hi. Damien Guichard wrote: > I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: > > Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. > However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on > drawing (BFC - (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on drawing (BFC - BackFaceCulling was an experiment on (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Some of those tools ( I know MLCad can use them ) already support them. On top of that those are not the only tools around! (...) This is just not true. In my program it make a big deal. In general, anytime you can quickly narrow down the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) IMHO, i don't consider BFC statements as an important ldraw issue, for following reasons: 1. Popular tools do not use these statements (including LDraw, MLCad, LDView and L3P & POV-ray). L3Lab use them but L3Lab is superceded by LDView both in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) I tried using Netscape 6, and I couldn't duplicate your problem. I'll keep my eye on this. Steve (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  BFC and Primitives

Dear All (but mostly PT Reviewers), I'd like to update all the current primitive files to be BFC compliant. This wouldn't be a huge task, at least for the geometric primitives (boxes, circles, discs, rings, cones, cylinders, and torii). But when I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

Oops, it happened again. I was uploading s\x460s02, and I forgot to click on the "parts\s" checkbox, and it gave me a blank screen again. So, the two conditions I've discovered that will render as blank screens in Netscape are: 1) problem with "0 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) :) (...) I'm glad to hear it's finding little problems like that. Steve (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) I'm using Netscape. I tried giving it 3626bp37 and 3626bp39, earlier, but *now*, it's working *fine*. (I hate Murphy!) Hmmm... When I tried uploading those files earlier today, one of them was rejected 'cuz I had the Author line before the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) Works fine for me. Win98,Swe + IE5.50,Swe. /Tore (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) What file are you giving it? Which browser are you running? Is anyone else having trouble with the filecheck? Steve (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

Steve, Whenever I try to use the "file check" program at the parts tracker ("(URL) I get a completely blank screen. Thanks, Franklin ===== Franklin W. Cain Programmer for Hire "fwcain@yahoo.com" "(URL) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) Dan, Be careful not to confuse "corrective guidance" with bullying. ;) Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) !!!...!!! (...) !!!...!!! (...) Did you see a word I wrote up there? Nothing like continuing to badger someone who already admit they were wrong. -Tim (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) And didn't I already come clean and admit my mistake there? And point out where I used the word trademark. I also explained WHAT it was all about - personal, polite request, with a polite response. Big deal. As I said, instead of demonizing (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) right! it's _their_ name, not _Tim's_! (...) nod, and I've no problem with the fact that you did change it :) :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) you missed my point. my point is that Tim doesn't get to assert trademarks of ldraw on his own. nevermind that MOTM isn't LDRAW - your example is off. More like you came out saying "I'm introducing the randome piece of the day!", and me saying (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) I'm not upset about your "request", I'm upset that you think that your voice alone speaks for Ldraw. I'm not trying to discard all the work you put into prettying up the site, but there are a lot of people that should get a say in what (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) It was done without permission, and I'm only stating that to clarify, not cause its a big deal to me. Tobbe intended no ill by posting it, we worked out that issue privately (and positively). I'm totally cool with him as well - we've actually (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) ...without permission. I'm not sure whether Tobbe asked Tim's permission or not. The initial post was mainly to solicit alternative names for the competition. The email from Tim was included to explain why this was being done. I see no harm in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) Thanks, Tobbe. You're right. Contests are a great thing, and I'd like to see more of them. Keeps that community spirit up. :-) -Tim (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) Ah come on Dan, he's not bullying me in any way, he asked me very nicely not to use the name, which I have no problem with since it's actually _their_ name with my flavour on it. No big deal and it's not in the spirit of the LEGO community to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) "I'd like to intoduce the Peeron LEGO Guide, a brand new web site, not at all to be confused with the Boger's guide in any way...after all, it's just a name, right? Certainly they won't have a problem with folks being confused about where (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) I take sole responsibility. I do not see why anyone is so upset about it - I wrote a respectful request and an explanation, did not back it up with any threat of action. Hindsight is 20/20, and I SHOULD have run it by Steve and Terry before (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote: [snip] Tim, Did you actually talk to the other guys of ldraw.org before trying to use the name to bully Tobbe? I mean, ldraw.org isn't your personal site, is it? Is there a committee that makes these (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open

(...) Certain messages arriving in my mailbox are copied to my phone through a SMTP to SMS/GSM gateway. The status report from the program that updates the MOTM/SOTM voting pages is one of that kind of messages. Another example is the report the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote in message news:GsABo8.CwG@lugnet.com... (...) How so? From a script you wrote? Scheduling on the phone? -Tim fut -> lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, though will probably end up in off-topic.fun (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open

We have entered a new month, and that means that it is time to take a look at all the nice renderings entered in the competition for the title LDraw.org Model/Scene of the Month for March 2002. Take a look at (URL) make a (hard) decision. Play well, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Re: LDraw.org: BricksWest 2002 Event Report

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs3q8y.MtH@lugnet.com... (...) There's a lot to talk about there, and you can be sure I'll post a lot, you know how I talk, Shiri ;-) Yep, there was some heated debate in the roundtable (caught (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1mrk7u0nh78joej...4ax.com... (...) I will be preparing those for posting when I get the time. Marisela Herrera (Ahui's wife) volunteered to take notes of the community roundtable discussion (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: LDraw.org: BricksWest 2002 Event Report

(...) Great write-up of ldraw's part in the event. Can you expand on the roundtable discussion? From Matt's description it seems you had some heated debates but finally reached a consensus... what was it? What, did you all feel, are the long-term (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: LDraw.org: BricksWest 2002 Event Report

(...) sessions? Recordings? I'd be very keen to review the community roundtable. Steve (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Tutorials Section Reconfigured

Hey everyone - I spent this evening reconfiguring the Tutorials section on LDraw.org. Now the directory structure is in place for the Tutorials section to begin expanding :-) Each category - Tips & Tricks, Modeling, File Format Conversion, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org: BricksWest 2002 Event Report

Hey everyone - Just threw this up online... (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:n6h77ug2idkrqil...4ax.com... (...) Yeah. Hey if we could solve the centering and rotation problem with a table, couldn't we run converters to Anton Raves' library? Would this project be too (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  "www.ldraw.org" off-line

Hi, I made some kind of mistake, when I moved "www.ldraw.org" to a new power supply this morning, so the machine is off-line for a while. I hope to have everything back in order soon. Play well, Jacob (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  I'd like to have a little word with Duncan Jardine - Winner of the SOTM September 2001 on Ldraw.org

Hi Duncan, I'd like to ask you some question about your rendering. Unfortunately you haven't left any e-mail-address. Please contact me. Many thx. Willy (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.people)

  Volunteer(s) please!

Hi all, I just finished chapter 3 to 7 of CONV101 and RNDR101. It covers all the camera options of L3P and explaining the globe, camera angle and very basic rendering (readers may only hit the “Run” button, he he). Could someone please proofread it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Entries needed for LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM

hi all, I suspect that the flood of entries for the current competition has probably scared away entries for next month. Don't let that happen. Its Valentines Day and so far I only have one entry for each category. Not good. If you've been thinking (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. Take Tim's tutorial page content and stick it in Microsoft Help. I don't know about other operating systems, though. SO, I wouldn't know about the types of software that would be appropriate. (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) I agree on PDF: it is small, searchable (you can even create an index of multiple PDF-files which you can search), multi-platform, you can add links, bookmarks, wadda ye want more? Second choice would be html... Well, I'm going back to do my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) analog for a win help file? I guess a man page, perhaps... Are you suggesting keeping all the tutorials in multiple file formats? yah, that could be done, I guess - esp if there was an easy way, to take a single file, and run it through (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath wrote: (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) ... (...) Giving each tutorial its own directory fits in well here, I think. Mostly for the reasons Sproat gives, but also for easy SSI-ness. Steve (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Michael Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:GrDA3s.3Cn@lugnet.com... (...) Acrobat isn't the fastest thing on the planet for me, when I'm downloading the files and viewing them in my browser. When I have a locally saved .PDF, its (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GrD3s5.DMB@lugnet.com... (...) Cool, thanks! :-) (...) Ok. I prefer the latter, and if we can make a template system that does it quickly, more power! (...) I'll have Tues, Wed, and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Less talking, More writing (Was Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...)

Now if we cold just have everyone who is writing all these 'NICE REMARKS' to each other to devote that much time to tutorials we would be done a lot quicker. At this rate, however, we are 'bricking' about stuff in the future. First lets get the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org editing

"Michael Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:GrD1vL.A2K@lugnet.com... (...) I like the folder tabs, but right now is not the time to be discussing changes to the site's look and feel. That's the lowest priority item on my to do (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Here's my ONE nit-pick about PDF I'll make before switching over to the Acrobat Cheerleader Side (tm) :-, The rasterizer makes text hard to read. It either anti-alises the text too much making it look fuzzy and giving me eyestrain headaches, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) and all the non-windows uses can just forget about it? tsk tsk. :) Dan (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

I just meant to say that Acrobat Reader isn't so speedy. Microsoft handles HTML files, natively, so it's a little bit quicker on the fly than Acrobat. Maybe there's some LINUX or Mac analogue? Then, you wouldn't have to format for three different (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Well sure, what plug-in doesn't? You're splitting the resources of the processor to deliver content within a framework already delivering content, all while connected to the Internet! (And the interface just requires learning...it's fairly (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) <sarcasm> That must be why Mercator releases all documentation as PDF first. We like our tens of thousands of pages of docs spread across dozens of manuals to be on a lousy interface that's slow. </sarcasm> Michael, it may be more fruitful to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Th interface is lowsy, the browser slows down my system. (...) That sure does say a lot, doesn't it? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Ummm...no. (...) Hmmm...seems like someone needs to spend the 2.5 minutes learning what Acrobat Reader does. Properly created PDF files are compact, quick and infinately cross-platform...perfectly formatted and ready to print via the greatest (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org editing

I've been tooling around with the LDraw.org website. See if you like it. www.geocities.com/Ar.../LDraw.htm -Mike (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

Yeah, but .PDF sucks. It's slow, you never know what's going to happen if you press a button. Microsoft Help would be better for Windows users. -Mike (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Michael Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:GrCL99.n5B@lugnet.com... (...) Interesting thought, but I would *much* rather see these formatted to Adobe PDF first if we're exporting them off of the site at all. In fact, I think PDF (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

I thought it would be a good idea if the tutorials were available for download in Microsoft Help format. I slapped one up onto the web as an example. Check it out. Here's the URL: (URL) also thought that writing tutorials to fit in Microsoft Help (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LUGNET CAD Group Structure (Was: Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include)

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GrBy90.Eqx@lugnet.com... (...) I think we'll compartamentalize that restrict that info to the RNDR series. (...) Before thinking of that, the structure of the lugnet.cad.* heirarchy needs (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include

(...) Turning lights into shadowless lights is already beging covered. I suggest you try to focus on just the basics for 100 level tutorials. Think of the user as someone who is afriad to even touch the MOUSE. Just show him/her the basics to get a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include

Hi all, For the RNDR 101 and CONV 101 should I include some basic POV-Ray editing (colours, background, turning lights in to shadowless lights) or is that more a RNDR201 thing? And can we have a lugnet.cad.tutorial group? or is that a bit too much? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

Hi Manfred - The link is fixed, thanks. -Tim (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

Hello Team, On Ldraw.org I've just found another broken link: On the homepage: (URL) the left side/second from top frame that contains links to "Reference", "Download", "Community", "Parts Library" and lots of "smaller" links, a link named "Parts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message news:Gr99Iy.2DF@lugnet.com... (...) Good idea! I already felt the need for it with the few tutorials up there. (...) I agree. I am going to write a guide to the LDraw.org HTML format, citing certain (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

Okay, responding to my own post here... AND quite late, to boot... Here's my wish list for tutorial categorization: 1. Each tutorial should get its own directory. This prevents everyone clashing namespaces and working with ungainly filenames -- and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Broken FAQ item -- #27 (colors)

Heya, just a quickie, The color table on LDraw.org (1) is kinda broken, it seems to be missing the edge-color info. Compare this with the end of the old LDraw FAQ item #27 (2). It would also be cool if the color list were to list the LDraw colors in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker - Using L3P-check to scan submitted files

I finally formatted the material about L3P messages vs. part files and put it under the reference area of the Parts Tracker. (URL) If you don't have L3P installed on your computer, you can check your part files at: (URL) This script must upload your (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Lighting(Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) Nope the're just plain point lights with an RGB value of 1,1,1. There are five lights in my scene. (URL) first four are used for the torches one being just out of the picture to the right. I placed one light inside each 1x1 round brick. The (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Limits on participation in MOTM/SOTM? (Was: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) One of those "me too" replies. But I have to agree with Jacob and Steve. At this point, limiting seems counter-productive to me. Notwithstanding this months avalanche of entries, we usually have a small number of entries. Setting furthur (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) Good point. But not even counting the ease of making backgrounds, Space, or "Science Fiction" in general, has always been a popular topic for rendering. Just take a look at the IRTC entries.(1) Even though that competition has clearly defined (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Stud logos in fan apps

Steve Bliss (...) Cool! And thanks Tim for being willing to do that. In case anyone is wondering, here's a link to the K'nex parts library page: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gr4KxB.D65@lugnet.com... (...) aroung (...) If you render your models in POV, you directly interface with it. Unless you use L3PAO's render when finished converting option... When I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Limits on participation in MOTM/SOTM? (Was: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) I agree with Jacob, here. No limits. If we start getting large numbers of entries each month, I might change my mind -- at least, make it clear that the contest admin can ask people to "unsubmit" entries that are too similiar to recent (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Stud logos in fan apps

(...) Well, I have to say that this is much more gracious than I dared hope! My site is somewhere between "god-awful" and "really lame," but I hope to embellish it somewhat whenever I get off my posterior. Let me know if anything on the site as it (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Stud logos in fan apps

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hmq26uc4vm7ggq4...4ax.com... (...) Sounds like a good idea. It can become a section of the Links page. One thing I have to do is put back the linking images (make new ones first), and get Bram (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Stud logos in fan apps

(...) with LDraw". It could like to the page made by Dave! And, it could link to the KDraw pages (er, those K-nex files were put on the web somewhere, weren't they?). This would allow LDraw.org to remain within the spirit of being LEGO-focused, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) In (...) I'm sorry you had to nit-pick, because you're wrong about me. I did not mean that I was going to 'LDraw' my dragons. Yes, I know that MLCad is a gui program that makes LDraw easier to use (at least for me), but I don't go aroung (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) I was hoping someone would say this. =) I know that creating 'earth' backgrounds is much harder than space ones. So on this note perhaps those artists that create non-space themes this month would be willing to write a tutorial or two for the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  RE: MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) I think this is because Space is relatively easy to render compared to a scene on the ground. It takes quite some practice and knowledge of POV-Ray to get nice lighting and a good background in a scene if you need to include a ground plane, a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gr4EvA.L7t@lugnet.com... (...) LOL :-) (...) In (...) Well, Ahui, I wasn't going to say anything here. But definitely glad I have a loyal convert to back me up ;-) I hope the wording I am (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

I'm going to be Tim C. Jr. here and say it... MLCading? (...) Anthony, don't you mean you are going to "LDraw" all four of your dragons. Yes, I'm a newly converted LDraw System of Tools person. I think we should start using the proper namings when (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002

(...) showcased. It all comes down to what is the purpose of the contest/showcase? If the purpose is to showcase the absolute best models, then there should be no limits at all on participation, other than that a model which has won already should (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact