Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 04:11:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Dan Boger writes: I take sole responsibility. I do
not see why anyone is so upset about it - I wrote a respectful request
and an explanation, did not back it up with any threat of action.
Hindsight is 20/20, and I SHOULD have run it by Steve and Terry before
doing anything.

I'm not upset about your "request", I'm upset that you think that your
voice alone speaks for Ldraw. I'm not trying to discard all the work you
put into prettying up the site, but there are a lot of people that
should get a say in what ldraw.org "thinks". I agree that a committee
would be a good idea.

I'm just curious at the process behind this bullying, and who was
part of this fiasco.

I don't see it as bullying. I was not rude in the least from what I
can see in my email message, and I didn't threaten. I simply asked
something of someone, and explained why I was asking it with reason.

When you say "we have been using the name for 3 years...", you're not
"asking something", you're trying to intimidate, making people think
that the whole "ldraw community" is asking.

If its that big of a deal, I'm sorry I did it. I just don't see it as
that big of a deal.

I'm not saying that the request was a big deal. The fact that you made
it on your own, without talking to anyone else, but made it sound like
it was a collective decision, that's just wrong.

Dan.