 Off-Topic / Debate / 15931
Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard W. Schamus writes:

<mostly staying out>

There is no doubt for me, that at this point it has turned into a mess.

I agree, and it's too bad. Names and who gets to use them and what
assertions are made about them (trademarked or not, which org or group,
etc.) are always a source of potential friction, which really is too bad.

I read the whole thread and it looked like the main parties HAD come to
agreement, or so I thought... it looked like comments from others were
fueling additional excitement. But I could be wrong.

I think the entire point is that it *is* bad nettiquette to bring personal
e-mail to someplace like LUGNET.

I agree again. It IS bad form to post mail without permission. BUT, I am of
the view that once you launch it, that may well happen to it anyway, with or
without your permission so be prepared. Would that I could actually remember
that when composing some of my "love notes"....