Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:55:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath writes:
Properly created PDF files are compact, quick and infinately
cross-platform...perfectly formatted and ready to print via the greatest
built-in software print rasterizer known to computing.

Th interface is lowsy, the browser slows down my system.

Well sure, what plug-in doesn't? You're splitting the resources of the
processor to deliver content within a framework already delivering content,
all while connected to the Internet! (And the interface just requires
learning...it's fairly basic, really)

Instead of relying on the browser plug-in, especially on an older system,
download the file and keep it locally, then view it in the actual Reader
utility...you'll be much happier. (Of course, you'll note that it takes the
same amount of time to download the file whether you are using the plug-in
or not, it'll just SEEM faster in the long run!) Besides, we're talking
delivery of content that you would use off-line anyway, right? It's not like
you'd want to be running your LDraw tools and have a live connection to the
Internet...you'd want those files local for zippy access.

Matt