Subject:
LUGNET CAD Group Structure (Was: Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:11:06 GMT

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

For the RNDR 101 and CONV 101 should I include some basic POV-Ray editing
(colours, background, turning lights in to shadowless lights) or is that
more a RNDR201 thing?

I think we'll compartamentalize that restrict that info to the RNDR series.

And can we have a lugnet.cad.tutorial group? or is that a bit too much?

Before thinking of that, the structure of the lugnet.cad.* heirarchy needs to be
rethought.  Steve and I have chatted privately about how the current structure
makes little sense relative to the current discussion taking place.

The overwhelming majority of CAD discussions on LUGNET are LDraw-related.
Therefore, it would probably be a Good Thing to have a high level LDraw group
with things under it.  Like:

lugnet.cad.ldraw - general discussion
lugnet.cad.ldraw.org - website/organization
lugnet.cad.ldraw.dev
lugnet.cad.ldraw.dev.lcd
lugnet.cad.ldraw.dev.mac
lugnet.cad.ldraw.files - non-postable heirarchy marker
lugnet.cad.ldraw.files.moc - MOCs
lugnet.cad.ldraw.files.sets - Official Sets for the OMR (BTW - OMR in
development!!)
lugnet.cad.ldraw.files.parts
lugnet.cad.ldraw.files.parts.primitives
lugnet.cad.ldraw.editors.mlcad
lugnet.cad.ldraw.editors.leocad
lugnet.cad.ldraw.editors.brickdraw3d
lugnet.cad.ldraw.editors.ldglite

etc...

And to balance out the CAD group strucure, we could add:

lugnet.cad.blockcad
lugnet.cad.gryphon-bricks
etc....

Even though I think this is the ideal way to set up the CAD groups, it might not
be feasible, and definitely depends on the willingness of LUGNET's
administrators to make such a change.

Thoughts?

Added lugnet.cad

-Tim