Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath writes:
Properly created PDF files are compact, quick and infinately
cross-platform...perfectly formatted and ready to print via the greatest
built-in software print rasterizer known to computing.

Th interface is lowsy, the browser slows down my system.

<sarcasm>
That must be why Mercator releases all documentation as PDF first. We like
our tens of thousands of pages of docs spread across dozens of manuals to be
on a lousy interface that's slow.
</sarcasm>

Michael, it may be more fruitful to thank Matthew for volunteering to take
on a task that will make the tutorials cross platform instead of flaming him
for using what he (and many others in many disciplines) feel may well be the
best tool for the job.

You may say, "well who cares about Macs anyway?" (I know I have... :-)
)"lets use a platform specific solution", but last time I checked, Windows
help files weren't much use on unix boxes either.