Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:29:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ahui Herrera writes:

Would this hinder the non-webbuilder/non-HTML knoweldge from submitting
tutorials.  I agree that we need to unburden Tim from all the .txt file
tutorials but just 'reading' the ldraw site it seems that he wanted txt
files so that anyone can create tutorials and not worry about formating
issues.  I know that the true reason is that he did not wnat to RE-FORMAT
other peoples work and starting with a plain txt file he pertty much has
full control of formating.

Absolutly correct!  I was coming from the other end with the amount of work
that is needed to format the pages.

Is it possible to automate the process somewhat to help him out?  This is an
area I have no experince in and could not help?  -Sorry

If we could think of a way, I'ld be happy to help.  I do have web page
formatting and programming skills.

I'm just concerned that non-techies may not contribute if they feel that
must deal with web-formating. -Ahui

Again I agree, the most important thing is to get people to help out.

Jimmy 8(:O))