Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:31:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Horvath writes:
Yeah, but .PDF sucks.

Ummm...no.

It's slow, you never know what's going to happen if
you press a button.

Hmmm...seems like someone needs to spend the 2.5 minutes learning what
Acrobat Reader does.

Properly created PDF files are compact, quick and infinately
cross-platform...perfectly formatted and ready to print via the greatest
built-in software print rasterizer known to computing.

Microsoft Help would be better for Windows users.

That sure does say a lot, doesn't it? Spend a lot of time there? 8?)

Seriously, I was already working on this to surprise folks, but, Tim, I'll
happily devote time creating the download and print PDF versions of the
tutorials for LDraw.org. It's something I can do to help the group out while
waiting for the Macintosh application(s) to come to real fruition.

We can work as simply as using Acrobat's Web Capture to turn the LDraw.org
pages into PDF files, or get involved in real page layout and create an
LDraw.org tutorial format for print.

I'll talk to you via e-mail on this, or we can discuss it at BricksWest.

Matt