Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:08:06 GMT

So, lets take your existing one and apply it to the format as an example:

LDraw Animation 101 - Simple Movement - Version 1.0
By: Ahui Herrera

Last Modified: January 21, 2002
Target Audience: Beginner
Requirements:
Software: Original LDraw Suite and Parts Libraries, POV-Ray, L3P,
MLCAD(recommended), L3PAO (recommended)
Skills: Model creation using LDraw or second generation editor such as
MLCAD or LeoCAD.

This tutorial will teach the reader simple movement of an LDraw model using
POV-Ray's animation features.

Theory?  Ahui?

Don't forget the UldeaMediaStudio 6 (recommened)or other Video Editing
software in the software requirements.  Plus File Requirements: Authors may
provide start files (model1-started.ldr, convertedfile.pov, etc) so the
reader can follow along in the tutorial and complete the file.

Maybe theory is not the correct word. More like additional
information/appendix.  In my tutorials there are several paragraphs which
are NOT part of the stepby step procedures but are general knowledge and
histroy.
Ex.
Different video standards and frame-rates
History of early animation tricks
Why we choose a certain Codec and what it is
etc...

The reader DOES NOT need this information to complete the tutorial but it
provides the reader with a better understanding of why a certain frame-rate
was choosen, or why/how a compression algorthim was picked.  Most of the
time they are just a few lines long with a link pointing them to a non-lego
website that deals with the subject at hand.