RE: MLCading (Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:37:06 GMT

Ahui Herrera writes:
This will give those newbies a even playing field.  Also I'm
not sure about all of you but this month's scenes were again
mostly 'space themes' in the scene entries.  Granted they are
very very good (I spent and hour trying to narrow it down)
but can't we start rendering something else?  Space is nice
with all the starts and effect but I challenge our renders to
create something different.

I think this is because Space is relatively easy to render compared to a
scene on the ground.  It takes quite some practice and knowledge of
POV-Ray to get nice lighting and a good background in a scene if you
need to include a ground plane, a sky, and possibly some background
elements.  In a space scene, however, you can use a single line and an
include file to make a great starry backdrop, or you can add in the
effects afterwards in Photoshop.
--Bram

Bram "My entry wasn't a space scene" Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org