Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 04:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gr3Cun.4q8@lugnet.com...
A little late....

The first winners for 2002 are:

Model of the Month - Ralph Döering's "My House".  A beautiful virtual
version of the building Ralph lives in.  I would like to see more of this
one.  Ralph, any more images we could link to?

Scene of the Month - Terry Keller's "Under Fire".  X-Wing. Trench. 'nuff said.
:-)

Cool :-)

Hey - here's something I wanna bring up with everybody.

There are a few people up for voting right now who have won recently, with
models/scenes of the same theme, or multiple past winners of the same nature.  I
don't recall a formal rule about winners entering, but should there be?

No, no formal rules.

I see for example, Anthony Sava won MOTM twice with the same MOC, only a
different color and a different pose.  And Cale Leiphard (who does some really
cool Castle stuff) is up again for a castle theme after winning a couple months
ago with a scene of the same theme.

Well... I think Anthony Sava's two dragons are different. Similar, but
different.  And Cale Leiphart's entries are quite different. Somewhat
similar in theme, but only broadly. You could also cite Brad Hamilton's
multiple wins in architecture.

I think there should be some sort of limit in place, but what should it be?
Should it be based on individuals, individuals AND themes, or what?

I really abhor the idea of setting limits. But I do see your point.

I really don't see how limits could be set. Just up and saying "no more
entries for you" like some soup-nazi is not something I want to do.
Reasonable, well though out suggestions from other is welcome here.

Also, is it OK for the same person to enter both a model and a scene in the same
month?

Yes. I have no problem with an entry in both. So long as they conform to the
rules for the categories.

I think we should let the current voting go on the way it is, but for future
contests, this is something we should think about.

Agreed. Change is good.

P.S. Don't forget the voting link for this months contests on the same page.
LOTS to see this month! :-)

No kidding!  I spent a half hour or more trying to decide which Scene to vote
for....

-Tim

:-) tell me about it!  I asked for more entries, and look what I get....

-- Terry K --