Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:21:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gr3Cun.4q8@lugnet.com...
A little late....

The first winners for 2002 are:

Model of the Month - Ralph Döering's "My House".  A beautiful virtual
version of the building Ralph lives in.  I would like to see more of this
one.  Ralph, any more images we could link to?

Scene of the Month - Terry Keller's "Under Fire".  X-Wing. Trench. 'nuff said.
:-)

Cool :-)

Hey - here's something I wanna bring up with everybody.

There are a few people up for voting right now who have won recently, with
models/scenes of the same theme, or multiple past winners of the same nature.  I
don't recall a formal rule about winners entering, but should there be?

I see for example, Anthony Sava won MOTM twice with the same MOC, only a
different color and a different pose.  And Cale Leiphard (who does some really
cool Castle stuff) is up again for a castle theme after winning a couple months
ago with a scene of the same theme.

I think there should be some sort of limit in place, but what should it be?
Should it be based on individuals, individuals AND themes, or what?

Also, is it OK for the same person to enter both a model and a scene in the same
month?

I think we should let the current voting go on the way it is, but for future
contests, this is something we should think about.

P.S. Don't forget the voting link for this months contests on the same page.
LOTS to see this month! :-)

No kidding!  I spent a half hour or more trying to decide which Scene to vote
for....

-Tim