Re: Limits on participation in MOTM/SOTM? (Was: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:00:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Tim Courtney wrote:

I think there should be some sort of limit in place, but what should it be?

I disagree! The objective with MOTM and SOTM is to show off
the best LEGO renderings (preferably with LDraw based tools,
I suppose) we can make. The only kind of "limit" I can
imagine is that you have to put together a description of
_how_ you created your rendering when you win. This will let
us all learn something from the masters.

I agree with Jacob, here.  No limits.

If we start getting large numbers of entries each month, I might change
my mind -- at least, make it clear that the contest admin can ask people
to "unsubmit" entries that are too similiar to recent winners.

Steve