Re: BFC and Primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:06:22 GMT

I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt:

Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC.
However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on
drawing (BFC - BackFaceCulling was an experiment on improving the rendering
speed, MLCad release V2.00 and above is using another methode, which
improves the speed much more than BFC could ever do)

End of quote.

Your program benefits BFC just because you use back to front BSP tree
traversal. I guess MLCad 2.0+ uses front to back BSP tree traversal, and
scanline hidden surface removal.
For more info about scanline hidden surface removal, see BSP tree faq:

http://reality.sgi.com/bspfaq/whole.shtml

Question #9 is "HOW DO YOU REMOVE HIDDEN SURFACES WITH A BSP TREE?" and
explains front to back BSP tree traversal and scanline hidden surface removal.

I hope it helps,

Damien