Re: BFC and Primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:33:52 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
[snip]
Having more reviewers involved in LDraw tools would be much better.

Yes, definitely!  Do you (or anyone!) have suggestions on how to
encourage more people to review parts?

Steve

Hi, Steve!

I wonder if the lack of reviewers has anything to do with not knowing what
to do or how to do it. This is exactly my case. I would be willing to help
out with the parts reviewing process and help get parts ready for release,
but I haven't known what to do! :)

I went to the Parts Tracker page on ldraw.org and found the PT FAQ. In there
I found some answers to my questions, but I was surprised that the PT FAQ
was not much mentioned here.

What should I look for when I review a part?

Verify these things in no particular order:

. Check the part visually very closely with a tool such as L3Lab, LDLite,
LDGlite, LDView.
. Make sure the part doesn't crash LEdit.
. Check the parts default orientation. Compare it to how similar parts are
oriented and what orientation of the part would be useful.
. Check the part with L3P and the -check and -dist options. Make sure no
error messages are produced. Reference to the L3P documentation for • detailed
error description. Contact the author or set a 'Hold' status if you think
the errors are of a serious nature.
. Check the Part for correct BFC (see the 'What is this BFC?' question).

(From http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/faq/)

Best regards,
--Ryan

Lugnet member #517