Subject:
Tutorials Section Reconfigured
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:39:41 GMT

Hey everyone -
I spent this evening reconfiguring the Tutorials section on LDraw.org.  Now the
directory structure is in place for the Tutorials section to begin expanding :-)

Each category - Tips & Tricks, Modeling, File Format Conversion, Rendering,
Animation, and Parts Authoring now has its own subdirectory under Tutorials.
And, each individual tutorial has its own subdirectory, eg:

/reference/tutorials/animation/101/

Now I will make the documentation for HTML standards on the website, so tutorial
authors can format their own pages.  After that, I'll convert the handful of
tutorials in my inbox to the site.

A few things need to be addressed/filled out.  It would be great to integrate
the MLCAD tutorial linked to from Michael's site and the LeoCAD tutorial on
Leo's site with permission.  Modeling should then be split up into categories by
editors, so each editor has their own 101, 102, 201 etc... level tutorial.

See it at:

http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/

Oh, when I converted the tutorials, I put the new variable-width HTML pages in
them.  I'm not making the main Tutorials page variable-width, but the tutorial
content pages will be.

LMKWYT.

-Tim