Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 06:27:56 GMT

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 04:17:57 GMT, "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

[snip]

Tim,

Did you actually talk to the other guys of ldraw.org before trying to
use the name to bully Tobbe? I mean, ldraw.org isn't your personal
site, is it? Is there a committee that makes these decisions, or do
you come up with these things on your own? I think the Technic MOTM is
a great thing, and I think it's wrong you're trying to pretend it's an
ldraw trademark... Especially that, at least in my case, when I see
MOTM I do _not_ think of ldraw at all!

Ah come on Dan, he's not bullying me in any way, he asked me very
nicely not to use the name, which I have no problem with since it's
actually _their_ name with my flavour on it.

No big deal and it's not in the spirit of the LEGO community to hassle
when asked.

The important thing here -for me and Technic- is to have the
competiton, not the name.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/