Subject:
Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:19:57 GMT

I've got a part in the tracker that has a certify vote and a hold vote. The
hold vote says that the part has 2 overlapping triangles. I need to get in
touch with the reviewer to find out what triangles overlap - I've run the
part through LDView and L3P and can't find any overlapping triangles -
although I did find 4 non-coplanar quads that I may fix (although the PT L3P
ref page says that parts are checked using a -dist of 0.1, and the messages
only appear when using a smaller value like 0.001)

My part is 3626bps6.dat (Minifig Head with SW Darth Maul Pattern), and the
reviewer name is Deckard. I have no idea how to get in touch with this
person. Maybe the Parts Tracker could do with a feedback system to allow
non-reviewers to ask the reviewers to provide more info on a specific
comment. I haven't logged into the PT as I don't have an author userid, my
part was submitted by email before the PT was finished, so if the info I
need is available once I have a userid then this post can be ignored as I'm
requesting one today.

BTW: Franklin Cain, thanks for the comments in the certify vote. Coming from
someone who's authored so many minifig heads that means a lot :)

Dan