 CAD / *36925 (-100)
  Re: Change to existing policy regarding the subfiling of dithered colors

(...) It's a change to the acceptance criteria for the official library, which is somewhat stricter than the file spec. For example, 0 WRITE meta commands are legal in regular LDraw files but not in official library parts. -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy regarding the subfiling of dithered colors

Question: what to do with 'hold' votes based upon the old policy? Good work! Jan Folkersma (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Flexible axles with lsynth  [DAT]

Hello, I am currently unable to create flexible axles using lsynth and end piece LS40. I was wondering if anyone has been able to achieve this. This is the code that will not work with end part LS40 – 0 Untitled 0 Name: flex_axle.ldr 0 Author: MLCad (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy regarding the subfiling of dithered colors

(...) I'm confused. Is this a change to the current LDraw.org file specifications (which I thought was 0.23) or part of the next LDraw.org file spec (which I thought was going to be 1.0)? The spec published on LDraw.org (URL) is not numbered at all) (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Change to existing policy regarding the subfiling of dithered colors

LSC has decided to do away with the requirement to transfer dithered color elements to dedicated subfiles. This was required due to a limitation in the original LDRAW.EXE. Due to the belief that James would have eventually fixed this problem and the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The LDraw.org Contributer Agreement

(...) So far it only looks like you're blocked from uploading new parts until you do, but i guess that doesn't apply to orphan parts. -NB (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

Sven, would you see this as a bug in MLCad? I guess yes ... Michael "Sven Moritz Hein" <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I9Jo1C.Ew6@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) quadrilaterals), (...) this: (...) 16 16 (...) in (...) 16 16 (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The LDraw.org Contributer Agreement

(...) just out of curiosity. what will happen if: * an author does NOT agree * an author does NOT reply will his/her parts be deleted from the library and do we have to recreate them? w. (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

(...) If you already had some of the updates and then re-installed the LDraw027 archive, you may still be in a mess and not have the latest vesions of some parts. The same might apply if you installed the updates out of order. The cleanest way to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) I hate to say that the MPD Update feature has some bugs. It works but it leaves orphan files. -Orion (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) I've updated my MPD program. Thanks for the feedback so far. Most notable is the MPD update feature. This feature strips an MPD of unoffical files made official (based on user input if prompting is selected). I also updated the interface a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

(...) Woohoo! Glad I could help! (slurp) ROSCO (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

Thanks - that worked a treat. I did have some of the updates already, but for some reason the page I'd visited hadn't displayed them all - the link you gave me was the whole batch. I owe you a pint. Andrew. (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

Thanks - here we goooooo......! Dr. S. (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

(...) Hi Andrew, unfortunately the "complete" parts list included with LDraw027 is only the complete list as at the time the LDraw program ceased being updated. Due to license issues, that is the only version that can currently be distributed, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The LDraw.org Contributer Agreement

(...) Woot! Good work guys! -gyug (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Help me please! Serious problems creating new parts list.

I have today downloaded the newest version of MLCAD. To ensure that there would be no problems with missing parts etc I grabbed a new copy of LDraw027 and the complete parts list. I have followed the instructions meticulously, to the letter, but (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it: Little DOS program

Hello again, I wrote a little DOS program which does the ghosting automatically. You just have to type in the file name with its path and the programme will create a file called [filename].ghs. Then you have to change the name of this file (for (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2.1

OK, I submitted my 1.2.1 update to MacUpdate. If you could update the versiontracker listing sometime, James, that'd be great. I appreciate it! No hurry either. (URL) new years! Jim (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

(...) A agree. I think that is an excellent idea, and the proper solution. (...) Michael has done so much for LDraw, and his ideas are great, and I find that they add so much to the tool set of publishing MOCs that I prefer to implement them. I'm a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

(...) I also agree. I think it wasn't very good to change the definition of a IMHO very complicated, but important meta-command like 0 GHOST. Perhaps it would be better just to add the 0 GHOST in front of EVERY line which is ghosted, including the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  The LDraw.org Contributer Agreement

The LDraw.org Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the Jessiman family has given their consent to go forward with the LDraw.org Contributors Agreement. For those who don't remember, here is a link to the current version of the Contributor (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Yeah I though about that after the fact. I probably would have GPL'd the source anyway. -Orion (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) I hesitate to even mention it, but I thought it was only fair. Thanks for GPL'ing MPD Wizard, but if you are the original author of the LDDP code, I'm 99% sure you didn't have to do so. Even after you release something under GPL, you still own (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

(...) I agree that other programs can't be expected to support something they aren't aware of, but I disagree that they should have to support it in the first place. I believe that GHOST should be implemented in MLCad in a way that is transparent to (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X

(...) If anyone has an old Mac (running Mac OS X) they want to donate to me (or loan for an unknown timespan), I'll port it myself. I've never done any actual Cocoa programming, but I did OpenStep programming for 5 years at the same company as Alex (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Colours in MLCad/LDView

(...) Sorry for the delayed response; I was on vacation. LDView 3.0 Beta 1 does indeed support the new ldconfig.ldr file, but you have to make sure that "Process ldconfig.ldr" is checked in the General tab of the LDView preferences. You can get (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LeoCAD part list utility

When LeoCAD reads a file, it discards all parts that are not present in its part library. To be able to keep track of unofficial parts used by the author but that are not in standard library, I have written a little utility to establish a part list (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  3D-puzzle: the Sphere

Hi all, 1) In April I designed a LEGO-version of the wooden puzzle-cube (in MLCad). (URL) 2) In May it was followed by the spherical version of that very same puzzle (also in MLCad). (URL) 3) When I got back from Billund with lots of tan and brown (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

Hi Michael, Is it possible for you to let us know about changes like this (the redefinition of the function of GHOST) so we can make updates in a coordinated way? I'm really happy to see arrows handled in MLCad, but learning about their function and (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it

(...) Previous to the arrow generation version of MLCad, GHOST only applied to the line in which it is specified. It had no impact on any other lines. Now the definition of GHOST has changed. GHOST on the MLCAD ARROW line *implies* ghosting on the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it  [DAT]

Hello, when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, the other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem? MLCAD does not ghost the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Boat rigging and 3-way cylinder intersection

Wondered when these (pn 6057 and pn 2541) would be pulled up! I suppose I should have asked back when I sub-parted the small rigging to make the large rigging, but I took the easy way out and just stuck with how the original official part had done (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: more detailed Status (of File) in Parts Tracker?

(...) And in the past, I believe replies have universally disagreed with your position. Just to be clear, let me restate my position: Blindly ignoring unofficial fixes to subfiles would allow the PT to certify files for release that reviewers would (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) That's a great suggestion. It gives me something to work on when I fly back home on Thursday. -Orion (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BBB wheels

(...) Just to clarify, yes they are usable, but at over 600K and 10000 lines each, they use some serious resources when rendering. I unfortunately don't have a computer with a huge amount of resources, and I don't think it's necessary. I assume they (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Mac MPD Utility 1.2.1

Hello folks! I'm pleased to announce Mac MPD Utility (MMU, to coin an acronym) has been updated to version 1.2.1, which adds a few new features and a bit of resilience to the 1.2 look. You can download this 50k behemoth at: (URL) metadata is fixed (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BBB wheels

(...) I too have used them without any noticable problems. I don't know how efficiently modelled they are but they are quite a complicated (in terms of amount of faces) part. Tim (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  more detailed Status (of File) in Parts Tracker?

Happy Holidays, Y'all! :D I have brought up, in the past, a point of concern I have with the Status displayed by the Parts Tracker. I have believed, and continue to believe, that a file's Status should be calculated *independently* of whatever (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Yes, as I didn't try to change it on the fly ;o) An optimisation that could be done would be to remove one of the two spaces before subfile names. To make MPDWizard the Swiss army knife of MPD, you could add a "Test MPD" function that would (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Cool, thanks. I've been programming in Delphi for 3 years now but my knowledge is all self taught and I learn something new just about everytime I set down to code. (...) It was in FormCreate, I forget why I moved it. I think I'll move it (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Not entirely. The program may still do wrong when the Windows settings are changed while the program is running. I recommend the following at the end of Main.pas (not in FormActivate): ... initialization Application.UpdateFo...atSettings := (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ~Use and ~Moved

(...) But I just don't think there is a need to some big changes. For example LEGO's internal taxonomy is simply horrid (AFAIK). (...) Hm, I don't think so. For example some set references 44237 and I don't have any 44237... Does that mean I can (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) I'm curious, did I fix the decimal separator issue? -Orion (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ~Use and ~Moved

(...) No big deal. :) Peeron uses ~Use tags, LDraw doesn't. (...) I feel that it's unlikely that all fans are going to change their behaviour/data whenever TLC makes a switch. There are too many of us, and we all have different levels of access, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Thanks Orion, works fine now! Philo (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ~Use and ~Moved

(...) Sorry, I didn't know that, I thought it was an LDraw issue. (...) It's also the id currently in use by TLC and I think it's easier to mimic their system as close as possible, than to reinvent a wheel. (...) Aliasing is the reply. 44237 and (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: ~Use and ~Moved

(...) I think this is a Peeron question more than an LDraw question. For me, it would be confusing to have two different numbers in use for what's a functionally identical part. It kind of depends on the direction you're coming from -- as far as (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: ~Use and ~Moved

(...) I think I'm missing something here. I downloaded 44237 from the PT and couldn't find "~Use" anywhere. In fact, I don't think I've seen "~Use" in official part files. -Orion (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  ~Use and ~Moved

Hi, could anybody explain these? For example 44237 is valid mold number for 'new' Brick 2 x 6. I don't know what are differences to 2456 and I don't care much. For inventory purposes the number 44237 is important, I think. So why '~Use' - why it (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) Try part 2879c01, released in update 2003-03: (URL) Steve That Chris Dee; man, he knows what he's doing. (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: About official LEGO models "CAD library"

(...) Yes, this project is alive but since LDraw is a volunteer organization, work tends to slow down a bit in the fall and winter due to school starting, vacations ending, and the holidays. Rest assured that it will be created and the moment it is (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  About official LEGO models "CAD library"

Hi, Some months ago (i'm not able to find the original post), one (Orion ?) talked about the idea of a community project, in the same structure of the parts library / parts tracker on ldraw website : to create a LEGO CAD library of the official LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X

(...) LOL. Not Haxial's KDX... I meant KDE. James (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) And here's the fixed .exe: (URL) since I used some source code that I GPL'd for the LDDP project, I've GPL's and released the source for this project. -Orion (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X

(...) Neat. Let us know if you succeed. Is KDX same as KDE? I use Apple's X11 with KDE for stuff at school, so I'm somewhat familiar with it (from a user's perspective at least). I may see if I can get it to work too.. although I agree a native (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Colours in MLCad/LDView

(...) LDView 3.0 does support the ldconfig file. MLCad and L3P do not yet but support is in the development. -Orion (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b

(...) Yikes! I'll fix this straight away. -Orion (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Wizard 1.0b  [DAT]

(...) Hello Orion, There is a big problem with quads in included parts, they lose their last 6 coordinates: 4 16 7 -5.412 -9 7 -5.412 9 0 0 1 0 0 0 is changed to 4 16 7 -5.412 -9 7 -5.412 9 7 -11 9 7 -11 -9 Similar problem with conditional lines: 5 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) It IS a part that came in with recent updates, I think... the 2878 used to have all the stuff embedded in it. So that would explain why you might not be seeing it. It's in the parts subfolder under your LDraw installation point. As to how to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

SNIPPY (...) Hmm. Never thought of that one- probably because I don't have that part (though I do have the 1 x 8 versions of it)- I guess every builder's mind is configured somehow to work within his collection. Although I don't recall John Neal (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) No, I think he means how do you hold the wheels in place when you have taken them out of the holder. One of the most common techniques as I understand it is to use this piece: [LDrawPart 32028:0] You route the axle through the groove and then (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) LOL, this makes me wonder if you've even seen a lego train :-P I did a brickshelf search, and this pic should clarify everything: (URL) metal axle is clearly visible in this pic. By pulling on the flanges of the wheels, the whole assembly (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X

(...) Yeah, that is probably the source of all my current problems... I believe the Mac OS X LDView is version 1 (Alex Raftis wasn't sure what version of code he started with when he ported it). The current version is 3. I believe it is possible to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

This may sound stupid, but what does one use to hold the wheels in place? (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) I think that's done with edge detection in POV or MegaPOV but I'm not sure. You could always ask him (or any other author of images you like). The problem I have with that approach is that parts of the same color blend together. take a look at (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) Hi Sebastian, Yes, thats correct, it is the 'train wheels 2' sans the *@$$% holder. As for your second question, in MLCAD, the wheels without the holder are just that- wheels without the holder. Whats missing is a metal axle which connects the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

I've been tinkering with diesel-electric bogies in MLCAD, and I'm having trouble getting the effect I want; the Train Wheel Holder 9V, while nice for quick and dirty generic bogies, just gets in the way when you're actually trying to do something (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Colours in MLCad/LDView

Is it currently possible to change the colors (and edges) used to render ldraw colors in MLCad and LDView? From what i have read on other threads, LDraw includes the LDConfig.ldr but nothing supports/uses it yet. I wanted to change the lovely black (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  71427c01update -- needs work?

Hello, all. I'd hoped to get this out before leaving on christmas vacation -- I'll be back in front of a computer on Wensday (CET). This is an update for 71427c01, to get rid of the depreciated box3#8p, and BFC. (It also fixes minor things that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  MPD Wizard 1.0b

Here's the next incarnation of my MPD program: (URL) you test it out please send feedback, suggestions, or bug reports. -Orion (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  BBB wheels

(...) I use the files provided on the web site of BBB, and haven't noticed any troubles. They, may be, are huge file ... I don't know, I'm not an expert in this domain. I simply use these files. By the way, the wheels are great stuff to play with. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Thanks, but I have a simple iterative solution that works well. Kevin (20 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Tool for LDView for use with "SEND TO"

Maybe someone like this little script (URL) Heidemann (mikeheide) (20 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: BBB wheels

(...) OK they're available on the BBB site (URL) but they're HUGE! Has anyone done a cut-down version? If not, I will attempt it. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: stud3 -- hollow vs filled

(...) Since this question crops up at regular intervals, I've added an explanatory note to the Primitives Reference : (URL) Chris (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: stud3 -- hollow vs filled

(...) Note that FWIW, BrickLink and Peeron and other inventory resources tend not to get to this level of detail either, they typically do not differentiate this. (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: stud3 -- hollow vs filled

(...) Hello, James! [snip description of situation leading up to the question] (...) The standard in the LDraw library is to use stud3.dat for all stud3-type anti-studs, regardless of whether they are actually hollow or solid. The reason is that (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  stud3 -- hollow vs filled

Hello, everyone. When I was working on 71427 (expect a post on l.c.d.parts soon), I noticed that the two small underside studs were modeled with a pair of cyli4-4s and a disk1. When looking for the proper primitive to replace that with, I noticed (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Maybe it is indeed the best to add some features to Lsynth, for I and many with me don't have a clue what to do with the sourcecode and formulas, the only thing I might be useful to is in saying what would be a good userinterface... (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking a look at the problem, I'll mail you the parts, you can see more pictures of hoses I've done with my parts in my brickshelf... Regards, Misha (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X

As I'm getting back in the swing of all things ldraw, I tried out the Mac OS X version of LDView ((URL) Pretty cool viewer - works well on my G4 running 10.3.7. No crazy interface artifacts. Encountered a couple little bugs, figured I'd mention them (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) I have talked to the POV-Ray folks and figured out what I need to do to package a version of POV-Ray with my app L3P Launcher. So in my next version it will be all self contained (l3p and povray) and will be able to do the renders for you. I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) I think you are unneccesarily complicating things. In this case, I think simply providing a way for the user to overide the reference part directory is the way to go. -Orion (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

Hello Travis, (...) You can try this file ((URL) with Orion's program. The result should look like this: (URL) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Providing a way to override default LDraw folder path would be enough for me. Philo (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Yes, I am watching ! I don't think you can rely on anything to positively identify an unofficial part. We could enforce something in all files that are submitted to the Parts Tracker, but unofficial files could just be local to the user, with (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Check for a line beginning "0 Unofficial" or "0 Official" in the file. OTOH, not all official parts have that marker, and there's even a few that have had a "0 Unofficial" marker skip in. (If a parts-admin is looking, subparts 30387s01 and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) Oh, why not. Could you list it with the same address alias as in the about box (anoved@binghamton.edu)? That would keep it consistent. (...) Cool. I need to reinstall/relearn the l3p/pov-ray stuff - it definitely makes for prettier output than (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) I'm brainstorming how to handle both situations. Any ideas? -Orion (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) (URL) I'm pleasantly surprised someone was using the previous version! That (...) None so far. I haven't been very LDraw active until very recently. On ldraw.org, do you want your email listed with the download? (...) Glad you like it! I was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Could you please send me an MPD file that exhibits this problem in LDView? I'll take a look at it. You are correct that it is probably an LDView problem. --Travis (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) And then to know that James isn't the only person who uses it, I do too! :-) Greetz, Anton (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) MacUpdate ((URL) but as you guessed I haven't registered with VersionTracker. I'm pleasantly surprised someone was using the previous version! That makes the time spent updating it feel worthwhile. Like I said be sure to let me know if you run (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

(...) I was using your old version last week! Awesome update. I'll make sure it gets updated on ldraw.org. Also, have you thought of posting this on VersionTracker.com? If you don't want to bother registering and all, I can post it under the name (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth  [DAT]

(...) [snip] (...) Lego's never had another kind of ribbed hose (or if they did, I never saw it). So, yes, LDraw part 78 models the 'modern' ribbed hose. Since neither post provided specifics of any problem with the hose, I played around with it (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Mac MPD Utility 1.2 released

Hi! I'd like to announce the release of Mac MPD Utility 1.2, a little tool for assembling and disassembling multi-part data (MPD) files. (URL) is actually an update to a program I first wrote for personal use in 2002, revised and largely rewritten (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  do these parts exist in ldraw?

1 x 2 plate with rounded steam cylinder from 4.5v train sets (URL) crome light reflector from model team sets (URL) x 2 round tile with flame pattern (URL) steering wheel/valve (URL) max head (URL) max body (URL) also need color numbers/definitions (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) No, LDDP works fine. I'm using Windows 2000. (...) I tried both 3.0beta and 2.1. Same problem. (...) Fine! in the same vein, adding automatically a .mpd extension if needed for output file would be great. (...) I know this is the "official" (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hey I know a spiffy little recursive algorithm that'd probably do a nice job of that. I used to use it in 2D to reduce the size of vectorized scanned image files, but it should extend nicely to 3D. You start with the end points of a curve. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact