 CAD / 12335
Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sven Moritz Hein wrote:
Hello,

when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I
couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, the
other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem?
MLCAD does not ghost the arrow itself (drawn with triangles and quadrilaterals),

Previous to the arrow generation version of MLCad, GHOST only applied to the
line in which it is specified.  It had no impact on any other lines.

Now the definition of GHOST has changed.  GHOST on the MLCAD ARROW line
*implies* ghosting on the lines between the MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN, and the MLCAD
SKIP_END.

Given that the other programs were written/updated before this MLCAD change, it
makes sense that they do not do what you want.  Changing the definition of GHOST
requires a change in all the other programs that used to support GHOST in its
original form.  It is kind of hard to fault us, when it is MLCad that changed
the definition. It is safe to assume that now that we know about the change,
we'll update our software. I'll update LPub.

Thanks for letting us know.

but only the 0 MLCAD ARROW command.In plain text, the arrow looks like this:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

But when we want a correctly ghosted arrow, we need to type in "0 GHOST" in
front of command line 3-6:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
0 GHOST 4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

So if you want to render an instruction of a MOC with ghosted arrows using LPub
(I use version 2.1.0.6), you have to do this - only then the arrows will be
shown in the right steps.
I don't know if this problem is fixed in newer versions of LPub (I'm using Win
ME, so unfortunately I cannot use the new beta version).

LPub beta should work fine for POV-Ray.

I got my 98 machine set up, but when I try to install BorlandC++, the whole
thing hangs.  Have I mentioned that I hate 98/ME  ;^)

Happy New Year
-Sven

Happy New Year to you too!

Kevin