 CAD / 12336
Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:18:35 GMT

Hi Michael,

  Is it possible for you to let us know about changes like this (the
redefinition of the function of GHOST) so we can make updates in a coordinated
way?

  I'm really happy to see arrows handled in MLCad, but learning about their
function and its implications to LPub by experimentation makes it easy for us to
miss stuff, and then have users tell us our programs are broken.

  I am extremely grateful to you for MLCad. It is awesome, and it is great that
you are adding such wonderful new features.

Thanks!

Kevin

In lugnet.cad, Sven Moritz Hein wrote:
Hello,

when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I
couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, the
other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem?
MLCAD does not ghost the arrow itself (drawn with triangles and quadrilaterals),
but only the 0 MLCAD ARROW command.In plain text, the arrow looks like this:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

But when we want a correctly ghosted arrow, we need to type in "0 GHOST" in
front of command line 3-6:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
0 GHOST 4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

So if you want to render an instruction of a MOC with ghosted arrows using LPub
(I use version 2.1.0.6), you have to do this - only then the arrows will be
shown in the right steps.
I don't know if this problem is fixed in newer versions of LPub (I'm using Win
ME, so unfortunately I cannot use the new beta version).

Happy New Year
-Sven