 CAD / 12350
Re: Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:42:07 GMT

Sven,

would you see this as a bug in MLCad?

I guess yes ...

Michael

"Sven Moritz Hein" <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I
couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, • the
other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem?
MLCAD does not ghost the arrow itself (drawn with triangles and • quadrilaterals),
but only the 0 MLCAD ARROW command.In plain text, the arrow looks like • this:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2 • 16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

But when we want a correctly ghosted arrow, we need to type in "0 GHOST" • in
front of command line 3-6:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2 • 16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
0 GHOST 4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

So if you want to render an instruction of a MOC with ghosted arrows using • LPub
(I use version 2.1.0.6), you have to do this - only then the arrows will • be
shown in the right steps.
I don't know if this problem is fixed in newer versions of LPub (I'm using • Win
ME, so unfortunately I cannot use the new beta version).

Happy New Year
-Sven