 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 644
Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:27:03 GMT

On Dec 26, 2004, at 8:28 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:

On Dec 26, 2004, at 11:24 AM, James Reynolds wrote:

I believe the Mac OS X LDView is version 1 (Alex Raftis wasn't sure
what version of code he started with when he ported it).  The current
version is 3.  I believe it is possible to compile version 3 on Mac
OS X, but it requires X11, and several extras, most notably KDX.  I
haven't gotten around to installing these and trying it out, but I am
planning on trying it and at least working out any compile problems
so that those willing to install/use X11/KDX can run the latest
LDView.

Neat. Let us know if you succeed. Is KDX same as KDE? I use Apple's
X11 with KDE for stuff at school, so I'm somewhat familiar with it
(from a user's perspective at least). I may see if I can get it to
work too.. although I agree a native version would be ideal.

LOL.  Not Haxial's KDX...  I meant KDE.

James