 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 642
Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:24:05 GMT

When you set the location of your ldraw directory, you have to choose
its parent rather than the "ldraw" folder itself. I didn't realize
this at first, so I intuitively picked my actual ldraw folder. The
confusing thing is it will work properly this way immediately after
you set it, but not the next time you run the program (it just
displays a blank black window - this wouldn't be the cause of one of
the known display problems, would it?).

Yeah, that is probably the source of all my current problems...

I believe the Mac OS X LDView is version 1 (Alex Raftis wasn't sure
what version of code he started with when he ported it).  The current
version is 3.  I believe it is possible to compile version 3 on Mac OS
X, but it requires X11, and several extras, most notably KDX.  I
haven't gotten around to installing these and trying it out, but I am
planning on trying it and at least working out any compile problems so
that those willing to install/use X11/KDX can run the latest LDView.

I would really like to see a native version of LDView on Mac OS X.  I
would especially like to see a screen saver version of it.  I do not
have the skills to port it though.

James