 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 648
Re: Reporting on LDView for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:43:21 GMT

If anyone has an old Mac (running Mac OS X) they want to donate to me (or loan
for an unknown timespan), I'll port it myself.  I've never done any actual Cocoa
programming, but I did OpenStep programming for 5 years at the same company as
Alex Raftis, the original person who ported LDView, so I know a lot about his
programming style, as well as the extra library code he has.

(Note that I'm not expecting anyone to bite on this, but I figured it couldn't
hurt to mention. ;-)

Ok, I am going to start a $500 fund raising effort so we can get a Mac Mini for
LDraw Development (MM4LD?).  And, as soon as he ports it he will send the box to
the next person who needs it to port their LDraw software to the Mac.

How many Mac LDraw users are there?  If 10 of us pitched in $50, we could buy
it.  $50 is a bit pricy for software, but hey, I want more LDraw software!  And
if there are more than 10 donaters, then the ammount will be less than $50!  If
there are 20 people, that is only $25!

Deal?

Please set up and commit your hard earned money!

James