 CAD / 12322
Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:46:02 GMT

I've been tinkering with diesel-electric bogies in MLCAD, and I'm having trouble
getting the effect I want; the Train Wheel Holder 9V, while nice for quick and
dirty generic bogies, just gets in the way when you're actually trying to do
something different.

Then I came across http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=512681 on
crazeed's space.
This appears to be using Train Wheel 9V, but without the annoying holder. What
I'd like to know after all this, is how can you construct these without the
prettified holder in MLCAD? Do I need some unofficial parts? Or is this a case
of the wheel holder being physically altered?

My second question is hopefully a bit simpler. While looking at jamathis'
(rather good) work, I saw this:
What rendering program was used to produce the outline effect? Overall it looks
rather clean, and I quite like the style.