 CAD / 12323
Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:55:51 GMT

Then I came across http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=512681 on
crazeed's space.
This appears to be using Train Wheel 9V, but without the annoying holder. What
I'd like to know after all this, is how can you construct these without the
prettified holder in MLCAD? Do I need some unofficial parts? Or is this a case
of the wheel holder being physically altered?

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, thats correct, it is the 'train wheels 2' sans the *@$$% holder. As for
your second question, in MLCAD, the wheels without the holder are just that-
wheels without the holder. Whats missing is a metal axle which connects the
wheels to the holder. In real life, if you turn a train wheel upside down, this
is clearly visible. Crazeed's model is built by removing the wheels with the
axle assembly from the wheel holder- something which I'm quite fond of doing
too- since it allows more options for authenticity when building a train.

My second question is hopefully a bit simpler. While looking at jamathis'
(rather good) work, I saw this:
What rendering program was used to produce the outline effect? Overall it looks
rather clean, and I quite like the style.

Me too, and I've been wondering the same for a long time. It looks more like
lego's own BI, rahter than the 'computer-POVray generated perfection' one
commonly finds.

Regards,

Samarth