 CAD / 12328
Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:02:09 GMT

SNIPPY
   One of the most common techniques as I understand it is to use this piece:

You route the axle through the groove and then embed it inside other pieces. If that is not clear, I think Chris Masi has posted some pics of how he did it. I think John Neal has too.

Hmm. Never thought of that one- probably because I don’t have that part (though I do have the 1 x 8 versions of it)- I guess every builder’s mind is configured somehow to work within his collection. Although I don’t recall John Neal having posted construction pics in his brickshelf folder.

   As for how to model the axle itself when LDrawing,(1) take a look at part 2878c01.dat and you’ll see it’s composed of 2878 and 2879c01.dat which is a pair of wheels on the steel axle. (I can’t embed the images for those via FTX since they’re shortcuts not raw parts, and thus LUGNET doesn’t have the images, I assume)

Okay, I’ll admit it, you just lost me there- a search for 2879c01.dat in MLCAD brought up nothing. How do I access the metal axle bit seperately? (This also might be because I’ve been having endless errors about some missing subassemblies ever since I added the last part update and all my attempts to do something about it have failed. Anyone know how to fix it?)

   1 - insert “LOL, this makes me wonder if you’ve ever looked at an LDraw subassembly” here, except that I don’t think that’s an appropriate comment when trying to be helpful...

Okay, okay- my bad. My sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Legoswami Samarth