 CAD / 12326
Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:09:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sebastian Dyson wrote:
This may sound stupid, but what does one use to hold the wheels in place?

LOL, this makes me wonder if you've even seen a lego train :-P I did a
brickshelf search, and this pic should clarify everything:
The metal axle is clearly visible in this pic. By pulling on the flanges of the
wheels, the whole assembly comes out without any damage, and can be easily put
back in if you want. The trouble is, AFAIK, there's no LDraw model of the wheels
and axle *only*. Perhaps someone else will be able to answer that. I just
pretend the axle's there when I use those wheels like that; basically it's quite
easy to figure out if you know what the part is capable of in real life. The
axle is about 4 studs long, so you can work with that in mind. I usually use
clip pieces to hold it in place, but there are other builders who do this too,
and they may be using other techniques. I hope this helps.

Regards

Legoswami Samarth