 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 406
Re: stud3 -- hollow vs filled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:13:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, James Mastros wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Hello, James!

[snip description of situation leading up to the question]

  Should I keep inlining the studs (there's only two of them in this case),
submit a new primitive along with the updated 71427, or use stud3 on the
theory that it's too minor a difference to care about?

The standard in the LDraw library is to use stud3.dat for all stud3-type
anti-studs, regardless of whether they are actually hollow or solid.  The reason
is that it's basically a non-functional difference which is too minor to worry
about.

Also, LEGO has changed their molding over time, so some parts have both
solid-stud3 and hollow-stud3 variations.

Steve