Re: more detailed Status (of File) in Parts Tracker?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Franklin W. Cain wrote:
Happy Holidays, Y'all!  :D

I have brought up, in the past, a point of concern I have
with the Status displayed by the Parts Tracker.  I have
believed, and continue to believe, that a file's Status
should be calculated *independently* of whatever "subfiles"
that part may reference.

And in the past, I believe replies have universally disagreed with your
position.  Just to be clear, let me restate my position:

   Blindly ignoring unofficial fixes to subfiles would allow the PT to certify
   files for release that reviewers would generally consider 'broken'.

[snipped example, and portion of request]

I would be perfectly happy with a "concatenated" Status; e.g.:

* "Needs 1 more vote.  (2 subfiles aren't certified.)"
* "Awaiting Admin review.  (9 subfiles aren't certified.)"
* "3 Hold votes.  (53 subfiles aren't certified.)"

I could see that.  However, this can't be extended to the certified status.
That is, the following example makes no sense to me:
* "Certified! (1 subfile is not certified)"

I believe this would assist enormously in finding those files
most in need of "help" from Reviewers.  ;)

Yes, I can see how that would help.

I think what would help more would be to offer tools to search and filter the
list of unofficial parts, so people can zero in on the files they need to work
with.

Steve