 CAD / *36225 (-100)
  Re: I want to become a reviewer

(...) Yes, definitely. (...) targetted on filling out the review.cgi form. But Neils' post definitely could be added to reviewfaq I'd be happy to add Neils' comments to the FAQ, as-is. Otherwise, if someone has time to make some quick edits, that (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

(...) I'm going to go on a bit more on this, please bear with me. There are two extremes -- one extreme would be to put *all* edges at the top of the file, then all polygons. The other extreme would be interleave edges and polygons, defining each (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Starting with LDraw - or something like that.

(...) Using this I get an error Invalid path (no Parts and/or P dir found)! It tells me the base path is C:\LDraw\Apps\MLCAD, but as I see it, it asks for the parts path, hwich is C:\LDraw\parts\ But that doesnt work either. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) ditto (...) So what colour would you use if not the official colour? Ok, so it may look wrong until the programs are updated to reflect what Lego is doing with it's colour palette, but is this really a valid reason not to use official LDraw (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: CG Lego Technics Cars

Miklós Hosszu's utterance expressed in news:I4Dv0H.u1r@lugnet.com: (...) I like that! Especially the details with the fore/background out of focus - easy to do in PS, but a great effect :D /lars (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO CAD with Mac OS X & Virtual PC?

(...) I tried stuff with Virtual PC, and it stunk. The CAD tools aren't worth it in my opinion. Even with the latest VPC 7 and the fastest G5, the equivelent PC is a 533 MHz (people are saying). Considering that my G5 2.0 whips through the imperial (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org's September Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the September Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, US Sherman M4A3 Tank, Jorgen Andersson> (URL) SOTM, I am a train driver..., Ben Beneke> The voting for the October Model of the Month and Scene of the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LEGO CAD with Mac OS X & Virtual PC?

(...) I'm not a Mac user but there are Mac LDraw programs. Please reference the Mac getting started page on Ldraw.org: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LEGO CAD with Mac OS X & Virtual PC?

Hi, everyone... I have a question for the Mac folks... I'm interested in exploring LEGO CAD, but I don't want to have to buy a PC. I thought that I might be able to go buy a copy of "Virtual PC" for my Mac and try the various Windows CAD tools, like (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT2DXF problems

NFI, just FYI: Just a follow up to 3DWin; V5 is now available for download, and the full version translator is much better. Earlier versions missed some faces on round parts due to vertex flipping - that problem is now solved. Works beautifully for (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) Yes, basically. LDraw color codes are bit-mapped. Bit 8 -> 0=normal, 1=dithered Bit 5 -> 0=opaque, 1=transparent (when bit 8 is 0) Bit 0-3 -> Color index (when bit 8 is 0) When LDraw goes to draw an opaque color, it does (color && 0xF) to mask (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) So, just so that I understand, are you saying that ldraw subtracts 64 from colors between 64 and 128, and uses that new value as the color? I wasn't aware of this behavior. (I understand it might not do exactly that; I just want to know if (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) Thanks for bringing this up, Travis. It's a very good point. The answer is: yes and no. The LDraw codes for new Stone Gray, Dark Stone Gray, and Reddish Brown were selected so that the original LDraw will treate them as Gray (color 7), Dark (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) I don't want to come off the wrong way here, but is it really a good idea to be using a new color in a part so soon after it has been made official? You can pretty much guarantee it will look wrong in every current program if you do so. Also, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) I updated the list of colors, adding the new colors and changing most of the color values to match the information in ldconfig.ldr. Steve (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: lugnet question and ldraw updating question

(...) Read this page: (URL) understand the overall process. It points you to this page: (URL) to actually make changes, such as registering a new email for posting. XFUT admin.nntp ++Lar (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  lugnet question and ldraw updating question

How do I change my information on lugnet ? I filled a form long time ago , not to be a member for life i mean to only post at lugnet how do I let lugnet know my new e-mail? about ldraw . How do you all update and install ldraw when a new update (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) We should probably put up a script on the website that reads the official config file, and displays a human-readable color chart. Steve (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Starting with LDraw - or something like that.

(...) There is a Windows based version (or rather another program) called MLCad ((URL) ). It uses the Ldraw part files but provides a much more intuative and visual method of building models. The installation is a bit complicated (you have to (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: New colours in Ldraw?

Is this colour number "officially official" enough for me to go and fix this part? (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Orion Pobursky Sent: 07 October 2004 03:08 To: lugnet.cad@lugnet.com (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Starting with LDraw - or something like that.

Hi all! Once I downloaded LDraw, so I could work with designs when I am at work abroad etc., but failed. It seems to be a DOS based programme, which does not work under windows 2000. I had problems with finding the functions, it works way too fast (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I52p4z.1xwI@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) construction (...) sizes (...) LPub (...) I believe that will do. Thanks, Mike (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub mask generation

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I52sF2.LI3@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Excellent. I had been meaning to get the data back to you but have yet to do so. Let me know if I can provide anything else. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New colours in Ldraw?

(...) 0 !COLOUR Reddish_Brown CODE 70 VALUE #694027 EDGE 8 0 !COLOUR Stone_Gray CODE 71 VALUE #A3A2A4 EDGE 0 0 !COLOUR Dark_Stone_Gray CODE 72 VALUE #635F61 EDGE 0 These are from the latest ldconfig.dat. Note that there are no currently available (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  New colours in Ldraw?

Hi all, Just wondering if the new colours (lt bley, dk bley, and bred) have been given numbers for Ldraw? I found Bernd's post (URL) that gives his local definitions, but have these been included in the tools themselves? ROSCO (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Strange part/file conversion problem

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HHMnt3.1ps6@lugnet.com... (...) through (...) assembly (...) Are you using LGEO parts? There are some parts with the wrong number there, so that could explain it. (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Strange part/file conversion problem

I've seen this problem a few times myself. I've found there are more parts that have this problem. Up till now I've found at least three parts. 1) the bottom end of the hinge as mentioned below (hinge plate 2x5 base, 3149.dat, converts to tipper (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

(...) "cut" or "remove"... as in removing many words that you choose not to quote. Some say the word is onomapoetic, in that some think it sounds like the sound scissor blades make as they cut things. (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

Thanks, I couldn’t fall to sleep last night (late computer work and sorting all my building instruction into pockets and binders) so I wrote a few things down… I wouldn’t mind if it was made into a tutorial if I had the chance of checking the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

Well, running a bit back and forth in the file will give you a sense of the part just as well, and the you avoid starting out with a maze of lines: The biggest problem is that without the framing lines, the polygons is extremely difficult to figure (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Working on 6032.dat Brick 2 x 3 x 1 & 2/3 Octagonal offset

I wasn't only talking about abandoned parts, but all the ones people are working on that'll take a long time to finish. (since the other ones probably gets finished before somebody else starts on them). But now you're forgiven (for the sins you’ve (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Layout: Do you use it?

Hi, How many of you have used the layout/callout generation facility in LPub? There are things I want to change, and I want to know if backward compatibility is an issue. Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Strange part/file conversion problem

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote: [snip] (...) If you try this again today do you still run into the same error? If so, send me files and I'll try to recreate it on my machine. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) It may be required by the part tracker, but it isn't required by the BFC spec. The spec specifically says that the first instance of any BFC command in a file implicitly turns on BFC certification in the file (unless of course it's a 0 BFC (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Strange part/file conversion problem

(...) I was able to resolve it by manually editing the .pov file once it was created. POVRay would reject the initial file, then I went in and edited out references to the wrong part, replacing them with references to the correct part. Then I simply (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) No it isn't. (...) You are correct. CERTIFY, according to the BFC spec, is only allowed once in the file, before the first 'executable' line, on the very first BFC meta-statement. In fact, CERTIFY is *required* on that line. Steve (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...  [DAT]

Please let me know if this works OK now...... Thanks......... 0 Minifig Torso - SW Blast Armor (Green Plates) 0 Name: 973psb.dat 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain 0 LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2002-04 0 CMDLINE -c7 0 KEYWORDS Star Wars, Boba Fett, bounty hunter, (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) If so, then I missed it too (which is entirely possible!) I've never used CERTIFY at the beginning of a file, and TMK it's never been a problem. I use "BFC INVERTNEXT" where necessary, but no blanket CERTIFY statement. Is the inclusion of the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) Also, is it now standard to repeat the 'CERTIFY' keyword on every BFC line? I thought CERTIFY was only useful once at the beginning of the file? I've been out of the loop, did I miss something? -Kyle (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) Since you used a mirrored reference to the subfiles, you should not need the INVERTNEXT statements. (...) With 2D objects, you should flip & rotate them to show their front face, not use INVERTNEXT. Steve (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  BFC inversion...

this is the first time I've tried using the "invertnext" BFC statement. would someone plz double check my code? thnx....... (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  973pSB.dat -- Now optimized and BFC'ed  [DAT]

uses these two subfiles: (URL) Minifig Torso - SW Blast Armor (Green Plates) 0 Name: 973psb.dat 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain, based on Matt Schild's original 0 LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2002-04 0 CMDLINE -c7 0 KEYWORDS Star Wars, Boba Fett, bounty hunter, (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  973pSB2.dat -- Now optimized and BFC'ed  [DAT]

2nd of 2 subfiles; "main" file will also be posted shortly... 0 ~Minifig Torso - SW Blast Armor (Plates; 1/2) 0 Name: s\973psb2.dat 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain (fwcain@yahoo.com) 0 LDRAW_ORG Subpart UPDATE 2002-04 0 COMMENT Gaps in chest plates for (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  973pSB1.dat -- Now optimized and BFC'ed  [DAT]

1st of 2 subfiles; "main" file will also be posted shortly... 0 ~Minifig Torso - SW Blast Armor (Detail; 1/2) 0 Name: s\973psb1.dat 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain 0 LDRAW_ORG Subpart UPDATE 2002-04 0 BFC CERTIFY CW 0 // 2004-10-04 FWC BFC-ed 4 16 -12 0 (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

Excellent post, Niels! :) (...) To expand on this- it's very good to keep edges grouped with polygons, but it's also nice (at least at the beginning of the file), to put the edges first. Laying out the frame of the part makes it easier to see what (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Working on 6032.dat Brick 2 x 3 x 1 & 2/3 Octagonal offset

(...) How far have you gotten with that? I was working on that one awhile ago, but I never finished it. If you're interested, I can send you what I have. (...) Umm, I've got a 30086c01 (Inflatable Boat) that's finished, but can't be separated into (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

(snip) Wow, that's some great advice. Lots of good things for new reviewers to take heed and consider. I'd love to see that info extracted and made referencable, perhaps somewhere in this area: (URL) specifically either here (URL) or here (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Working on 6032.dat Brick 2 x 3 x 1 & 2/3 Octagonal offset

(...) the 4876 Fabuland Slide part. (...) I'm working on 6032.dat Brick 2 x 3 x 1 & 2/3 Octagonal offset, which is really nasty and wont be finished soon. After that I plan on using the primitives for that one to improve (and BFC) on the other (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: I want to become a reviewer

Hi Niels I think it’s really, really great that you whish to join the core. (hey guys, give him a hero’s welcome!) I myself haven’t been a reviewer for very long (or haven’t authored many parts yet for that sake) and isn’t particularly experienced, (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Interesting affect of alpha channels in POV-Ray

I've been playing with PNG transparency in POV-Ray and discovered an interesting effect. POV-Ray considers a ray that hits the backdrop as transparent, yet the color of the invisible backdrop still affects the rendering of the model. When (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org Downtime

Per the following post: (URL) will be down 10/5 at 2pm EDT for about 15 min. Since Peeron also hosts LDraw.org, LDraw.org will be down as well. -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub mask generation

(...) Mike, I recovered your emails about this problem and chasing it down. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) Looking at the above list seriously..... You list a number of sub-model specific desires including: 1. view angle on a sub-model basis. You already have this using MLCad's ROTSTEP meta-command. ROTSTEP only applies to the file that contains (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub request

(...) The PLIST BEGIN SUB meta solution is fine. My problem was due to a lack of knowledge regarding LPub META commands. -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) My solution to the above is to give you explicit control over construction image render window size and PLI render window size. You can set these sizes small for test runs. Is this acceptable? It will be available in the next LPub release. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub request

(...) I'm adding support for s and 48 in lieu of the pathing solution Lars' will be providing. If your flexible axle is produced by some known tool, I'm willing to add supprt for flex axle recognition to LPub. Orion, could you email an example? (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub request

(...) Hi Orion, I never got feedback from you about the PLIST BEGIN SUB solution outlined above. LPub recognizes parts synthesized with LSynth and tries to determine the part being synthesized. It recognizes flexible axles and determines the length. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Gray parts in LPub

(...) I have modified LPub to recognize this case and automatically add a second part to work around this problem. Kevin (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Strange part/file conversion problem

(...) Hi Allan, Did you ever get this issue resolved? I've never heard of an issue where LPub was adding parts, unless it is recognising a part that is synthesized by LSynth. I'm trying to dregde up all LPub bugs so I can shoot them and and fix them (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Another question about LPub PLIs

<snip> (...) Kevin, No problem. I've been reading some of your recent posts talking about fixes and feature additions you have been making, and I'm really looking forward to the next build! -Joel (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimum distance?

(...) Hi Jaco, It has been a long time and I was not able to go to the URL listed above. I have reworked the minimum camera distance concept, and have realized the wisdom of Lars' camera placement use of vaxis_rotate..... Now I just change the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Another question about LPub PLIs

(...) snip (...) Hi Joel, Sorry about the terseness of the original reply. I have found and fixed this bug. It will be available in the next release 2.3.0.0. LPub has to keep track of how many steps are associated with the parts in the buffer (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: config.lpb vs. metacommands

(...) Kevin (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: config.lpb vs. metacommands

(...) Here's the !COLOR Meta. This is the only thing in the ldconfig at the moment. (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  config.lpb vs. metacommands

Hi all, I've got LPub using PNG for building instructions. The translucency is really cool. I've got it so that you can provide no background (transparent), solid color, or image as a backdrop (for page, PLI and callouts). You can either tile or (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Working on 4876.dat Fabuland Slide part

Dear List, Just to inform other part authors and avoid parallel development, I'm working on the 4876 Fabuland Slide part. (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message news:I4vn98.21q3@lugnet.com... (...) there. (...) sure (...) made (...) spectacular (...) I have used the anti-aliasing quite extensively, although just by using the defaults I've never (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  mockup for part 4860new  [DAT]

here is a file i made for a extreme team set. just a mockup ~subfile~ 0 Tyre Single Smooth *4860mu* 0 Name: 7amu.ldr 0 Author: James Jessiman 0 Original LDraw Part - LDraw beta 0.27 Archive 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 0 (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded

(...) T2 is my lazy way of abbreviating "Type 2". T4 = Type 4, etc. I will look into LDScript. Thanks! Edwin :-) Edwin (20 years ago, 2-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  I want to become a reviewer

Over time I have increased my experience in parts authoring and still learning new things. But with all new and improved parts added to the PT the list of parts that need to be reviewed is ever increasing. So I'm thinking to become a reviewer, too. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Suggestion: New column for hidden

Hi, I'll add that to the wish-list. best regards, Michael "Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I4uBBD.Ktn@lugnet.com... (...) it is (...) that (...) eye when (...) them a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

Hi, I add that to the wish-list - As an option to turn off. Michael "Andrew Westrate" <loewe_29@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I4M37z.1Hox@lugnet.com... (...) which (...) changing (...) directory, (...) then (...) made my (...) that (...) (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded

(...) The general standard is to go up to 3 decimal places in part files. I agree, main vertices really don't need more than 1 or 2 places. For derived vertices, more precision may be require to keep everything aligned, so going out to 3 places is (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded

(...) Features wish list For the purpose of improved readability in LDAO, I thought of entering each vertex with 2 decimal places. Then I discovered the color-coded vertices in LDDP. It was better, but I still wish the vertices aligned in columns. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) After looking closely at the forklift image, I think the stair-step effect is happening due to POV-Ray's adaptive antialiasing algorithm. It's much quicker to render the image at the desired resolution with adaptive antialiasing enabled in POV (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Suggestion: New column for hidden

(...) I think that sounds like a great idea, the hidden ones will be a lot easier to spot when scrolling if grey (and finding the RIGHT piece to unhide). -NB (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Nico Kaiser" <nico@siriux.net> wrote in message (...) Are you 100% sure about this? Usually the stair effect is caused by a lack of anti aliasing. Rendering the image at a huge resolution then doing a resize with proper resampling is more or less (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Am Sonntag, den 26.09.2004, 10:46 +0000 schrieb Jan Folkersma: (...) Well, I don't have a problem with "mixed" models with LGEO elements and standard parts. The big advantage of LGEO is, that the edges are rounded a bit, so you don't need the gap (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Suggestion: New column for hidden

Hi Michael, It is occasionally useful to be able to see the description of a part when it is hidden. I would like to suggest a new column, maybe to the left of "type", that has an icon depicting whether or not the line is hidden. Maybe a little eye (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Wanted DAT-elements from set 7044

(...) (URL) is an early release, there is still quite a bit of file clean-up to do yet. After I split the quads that make up the sloping sides, the part did not look near as nice in L3Lab or in LDview. Some of the extra time required was due to JAVA (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Just a suggestion, maybe the axle primitives could be changed to include a simple 45 degree chamfer there? This would affect quite a few parts, but I doubt there would be many that would need changing if they use the axle primitives as (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) If possible, can you measure the distance diagonally across the minimum radius part of a cross axle? My guess is this problem has shown up because the concave curve at that point of the cross axles has not been modelled in the Ldraw (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) Generally, if you increase ambient without decreasing diffuse, you end up with overexposure (blown highlights). Things that would normally add up to less than full brightness then add up to full brightness. Things that would have added up to (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded

I personally round off the numbers to 4 decimals, but I’ve been known to do crazy stuff like modelling in 1/100 (max zoom in mlcad) and use 1-24 parts of high res primitives from time to time. But I would suggest you to round off to (at least) two (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Thanks for doing this, Niels. Is changing the diameter of these axles from 8 to 7.5 really worth it? They still won't fit in most axleholes, because LDraw's axles don't fit the actual geometry of technic axleholes. However, I am *not* (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) I have measured several of these metal axles with a caliper from different kinds of wheels (studded train wheel with traction teeth, studded train wheel conical hub, spoked train wheel conical hub, spoked train wheel straight hub, studded (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) I'll measure the axles of all these kinds of wheels tonight. I have all different wheels with these axles. Niels (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Not a big deal. As long as we're communicating, it's OK. :) (...) Please don't do that. If there are problems in files, then let's correct the errors (or come to agreement that they aren't actually errors). (...) Uh, what is x573? Is it used (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Consistency with existing parts is good. (...) Sorry, my reviewing wasn't very complete. I should have asked for a repositioning of all of these files, so that the inside surface of the plastic wheel would be at the origin. This is an (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Sorry about the lack of reply. I don't have most of these older wheels, so I'm not familiar enough with them to really comment on physical aspects. I can only answer from the POV of a parts librarian. (...) That's understandable. And I agree (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

(...) Hi All, Sorry if my english is not very well. I've create Wheel Axle Metal (x568s03.dat), because size of 35b.dat is not good. The corect size (diameter) for this part should be 6LDU and not 8LDU. For understand this size, see the my Technic (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New style of part file 3941 vs. 6143

(...) I've added pictures of some of these variants to my comparison galleries: (URL) the two previous pictures. One addition to Chris' excellent descriptions is that the older bottoms (2A) can be used in a SNOT function with plates; the newer (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  RE: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

Thanks guys I tweaked ambient up to 0.6 from 0.4 and its definately better I shall see what effect taking difused down has later (and the interaction of the two), but at least I know I can get an acceptable result now. Thanks again William PS - and (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  New sticker: train 133  [DAT]

To finish a digital image of train 133 I have created the sticker. I do have the actual stickers, which I used as source. Here's a povray result: (URL) this image contains several unofficial parts) I don't have a partnumber. Any suggestions for the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) I don't know how to do so in POV, but the problem would probably be mitigated somewhat if you increased the amount of ambient light. This would make the darker parts less dark, but still leave you with some shading to see the 3D shape. If you (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) The issue here is not shadows or reflections. It is shading. More ambient light and less diffuse light should reduce the shading effect. I'm not at LPub right now, so I can't tell you if/how to change this. (...) Any time you see this kind of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wheels with/without metal axle

Okay, I know it's a bad thing to reply to your own posts, but as I haven't got any answer and I do want this issue solved, I found it okay to kick this up again. Please read the first post in this topic. One more thing why I prefer to have the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) No it doesn't and Yes I have ;-) Perhaps "shadows" is not the right word. It's more the different intensity of the reflected light (see (URL) OK, so if all the faces were the same intensity you wouldn't be able to tell the shape of an (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

(...) I also like this behaviour, I use it a lot (along with 0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN/END) when working on large Ldraw files. ROSCO (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) LPub supposedly uses shadowless lighting, Are you possiby seeing reflections off the plasic that look like they might be shadows? On the POV tab you can control image rendering quality to eliminate surface reflections. I've not kept up with (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact