 CAD / 11936
Re: New colours in Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
The LDraw codes for new Stone Gray, Dark Stone Gray, and Reddish Brown were
selected so that the original LDraw will treate them as Gray (color 7), Dark
Gray (8) and Brown (6).  So when parts using these colors are rendered by LDraw,
it will give results that are fairly close to what's expected (unless someone is
deliberately mixing old and new colors to get a variegated style).

So, just so that I understand, are you saying that ldraw subtracts 64 from
colors between 64 and 128, and uses that new value as the color?  I wasn't aware
of this behavior.  (I understand it might not do exactly that; I just want to
know if that is the effective result.)

--Travis Cobbs