 CAD / 11959
RE: New colours in Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:36:57 GMT

In this case, the current color seems reasonable for the short term
(dark gray dithered with dark gray)

Ah, but according to the Colour Chart
(http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=
93) "LDraw can render mixes of the basic 16 colors. This is commonly
called 'dithering'. You can use dithered colors for any part reference,
but part authors cannot use them to color polygons or lines. Just
typeline 1 commands."

So here be demons, as the dithered colour was used on (non-rectangular)
quads.  Which was one of the reasons I asked for a hold on the part
until the new colours were resolved as I knew I'd broken that rule.