 CAD / 11954
Re: New colours in Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:57:19 GMT

"William Howard" <william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in
news:I59Dy4.1q5u@lugnet.com:

OK, so what colour numbers should be used in official LDraw parts when
the official LEGO part contains these colours?  And if these are
different to the colours represented by numbers 17 through 30
shouldn't those numbers be dropped to avoid confusion?

Backward compatibility is an admirable goal, but there comes a point
where it has to be re-evaluated.

What I would personally like, is an LDraw colour chart that includes every
official colour from <http://guide.lugnet.com/color/>.

For my own personal use I've made include files for POV-Ray that assign all
those colours to unused LDraw numbers (see <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-
bin/gallery.cgi?f=99812>), but until they have official numbers, you can't
use them in a model and expect that model to look correct on somebody
else's installation.

Koyan