 CAD / 11975
Re: New colours in Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:33:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
Just wondering if the new colours (lt bley, dk bley, and bred) have been
given numbers for Ldraw? I found Bernd's post http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?
n=11685 that gives his local definitions, but have these been included in the
tools themselves?

How about dark-purple?  I was looking for that a while back and I ended up
having to match it by hand.  I used R119/G34/B119, but I'm not sure how to
translate that into numbers like Bernd posted.  I can also guarantee that those
numbers don't match the official LEGO color chart, since I matched the color
according to how it displayed on my monitor, and very few colors besides black
look like good matches to me.

For that matter, have dark-red, dark-blue, and dark-green been coded in?  What
about the two transparent colors (trans-neon red and trans-neon yellow, which
you might know as trans-salmon and trans-peach) that are unique to the first
year of BIONICLE (though I'd dearly love to see them used for more parts, both
BIONICLE and System), or the new trans-orange (not to be confused with the
trans-neon orange that is commonly mis-identified as "trans-orange")?  There's
also a new nasty shade of brown that has only ever been used in a few of the
2004 BIONICLE sets.  And does anyone care about the two funky "flesh" colors
they've come up with for white people (NBA players and 2004+ licensed
characters)?