 CAD / 11974
Re: LDGlite and LPub (and maybe ldview?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:29:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi Don,

  Orion and I have been kicking around the idea of LDGlite as a
renderer for LPub.  We are under the impression that LDGlite takes
the same command line options as L3P.  Is this true?

  If so, it would be wonderful.  Primarily LPub needs the -cg and -ca
options and transparent backgrounds.  If these existed (we knew the
equivalent) it should be pretty easy to incorporate.

Well, according to the readme.txt it takes a -cg and ca like L3p and
can generate transparent png files (works in mozilla, but not ie):

  http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=81648

But there may be some issues.  A long time ago I set out to make ldglite
useful as a quick and dirty scene previewer for l3p, but abandoned the
effort because some options (like ortho and sky vectors?) simply weren't
available yet on the L3P command line.  I think they were in the L3P
beta that I tested a while back, but it hasn't been released yet.

Anyhow, you can try it and if it doesn't quite match exactly I can probably
fix it up.  In the near future, I suspect ldview will better choice for
this.  Perhaps if you publish the command line generating sources from
lpub that'll happen faster.  At one point I attempted to capture the
command line args by substituting dummy programs for l3p and pov, but
got distracted before I went too far with that effort.  Darn that low
attention span!

Err, what was I talking about?

Don