 CAD / Development / 9913
Re: LDGlite and LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi Don,
  When I render James Jessiman's car.dat with ldglite and l3p/pov ray using:

-cg30,45,6000

  The car rendered by ldglite is not the same size as the car rendered by
POV-Ray.  Do you have any idea why this would be?

Well, without the entire command line (actually both command lines) I can
only guess.  First, 6000 is pretty far away.  I think that puts the car
out past the default far clipping plane.  Second, the default view in
ldglite is orthographic to be compatible with ldraw and ldlite, so the
size won't change no matter how far you set the radius unless you use a
-j to select a perspective view.   You'll probably always want to do that
until the next release of l3p, which I believe does have an orthographic
command line option.  There could be other issues but it'll be easier
to work them out with more information.

Enjoy,

Don

Don,

  Thanks for the help.  I run L3P like this:

set PATH=C:\LDRAW;
set LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW
l3p.exe -stdout -ca1.000000 -cg30.000000,45.000000,60000.000000 -q2 -b0x02ffffff
-o LDraw\CAR.DAT POV\CAR.pov

and I get this result rendering at 800x600

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/temp/car.bmp

I run ldglite like this:
set PATH=C:\LDRAW\ldgliteexe1_0_7;
set LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW
ldglite.exe -l3 -mS -i2 -z-100000 -Z100000 -j -ca1 -cg0,0,60000.000000 -v800,600
-fh -w1 -q C:\LDRAW\MODELS\LDraw\CAR_l.dat

and I get this result:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/temp/car_l1.png

I'm using a lense angle of 1 to approximate orthographic.

Kevin