 CAD / Development / 9926
Re: LDGlite and LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Figures.  That just confused me again.  What does it mean by "The 4/3
aspect ratio is always maintained even if the (horizontal) viewing
angle is changed"?  Does l3p not allow tall skinny windows?  Should
(width/height) always be (4/3) even if the window is tall and skinny?
Or does it just mean the pov file will always contain the line:

  right    -4/3*x

(whatever that does.)

I assume that L3P allows the output to be any aspect ratio.  The page is a
little confusing that way.  However, it's trying to tell you how the camera
angle argument works, going on the assumption you haven't changed the aspect
ratio.  Just substitute "width" for 4 and "height" for 3 in various spots.

Oh, and I'm not really sure of the significance of the viewing angle he chose,
but it appears to be 2 * atan((height/2) / 3).

--Travis