 CAD / 11993
Re: LDGlite and LPub (and maybe ldview?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I'm curious why the switch was made from Grey to Clear.  As noted by Ross, some
of the parts look funky in a transparent color as opposed to a solid color.

At least part of the reason is that Gray is a fairly common color; Clear is more
rare (for most parts).  When parts where shown in gray, it was sometimes
confusing whether it was gray-the-actual-color or gray-the-default-color.  Using
a less-common color reduces the amount of confusion.

The only way to completely avoid confusion would be to find a color that would
not be confused with an actual LEGO color.  That's a challenging proposition
these days.

Steve