 CAD / Development / 9917
Re: LDGlite and LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:25:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I was able to make -mS work, but only if I backed way off on the 60000
number.

Yeah, that 60000 number plays havoc with a bunch of things.  You get a
lot of z-bleeding because the clipping planes are spread so far apart.
Maybe I get less depth bits on the offscreen buffer.  Gotta check.  And
I suppose I should borrow the l3p bounding box/sphere? algorithm from
the ldview sources and use that to set the clipping planes.  Of course
I've sorta been waiting for the new l3p before trying most of this stuff
because then you can use a real ortho view and skip tiny viewing angle
and teloscopic view stuff.  Oh well.

  By the time LPub presents the car model to ldglite to render, LPub has
already applied ROTSTEP to the model, assuming the default 30,45 long/lat,
This is why LPub uses 0,0, instead of 30,45.

  Thanks for looking into this.

Sure.  So did you want me to fix the -mS and aspect ratio calculation,
or do you have a viable workaround?

I can live with -ms, but would prefer to have -mS working also.  I'm not sure if
the rapid popping up and down of the window will cause palpatations.

Don

Thanks again,
Kevin